RV rental in toledo?

Long story short, a group of people in toledo are looking to go to a wedding in Atlanta and an RV sounds like a fun option for transportation. Is this something you can rent in the toledo area?

created by upso on Feb 22, 2012 at 08:09:38 am     Business     Comments: 7

I know a guy who has one he'll rent out. It's kind of a party RV with futons instead of beds and seats. Call Jake at 419-690-2754

posted by Offshore on Feb 22, 2012 at 09:03:40 am     #

All American Coach on Alexis used to do this years ago. My family rented from them when we went on vacation a few times. Not sure if they still do it though - it's been a long time.
(419) 885-4601

posted by Danneskjold on Feb 22, 2012 at 11:28:27 am     #

I was just going to suggest All American Coach.

Unless you're familiar with RVs, I'd take a pass. Driving an RV takes real skill, and knowing just what to do if a subsystem goes South is another problem. Then there's the parking and transport problems - you'll have to leave the RV at the RV park and get a car or something to take everyone around it.

Plus an RV will suck down fuel like it's 1960.

posted by madjack on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:15:04 pm     #

good point. i'm just trying to figure out how to transport a boat load of people from toledo to atlanta and back. everyone is pitching in $ wise, but the driving issue may be a problem.

posted by upso on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:20:08 pm     #

upso, is the group planning to use the vehicle for transportation only, or will people spend the night in the vehicle?

If it's for transportation only, the group should see if they can rent a 15-passenger bus (not a van) from TESCO, which is located off Route 2, just east of Pearson Park in Oregon.

In my opinion, the 15-passenger bus is easy to drive. No special licenses, permits, or training are required. TESCO offers buses in other sizes too.

posted by jr on Feb 22, 2012 at 11:11:08 pm     #

perfect! thanks!
no sleep. think we'll do this in one day, each way

awesome info jr

posted by upso on Feb 22, 2012 at 11:27:03 pm     #

one day each way is no prob. I drove myself and my boss to Atlanta in 2002 in my Cruiser, took about 11-12 hours. have fun!

posted by nana on Feb 24, 2012 at 09:56:44 pm     #