Tile installer recommendation needed

Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend experienced, reliable and honest tile installer to install glass and metal tile backsplash, please?

Thank you!

created by jael8 on Mar 03, 2012 at 10:20:07 pm     Home     Comments: 11

I stuck this thread and the plaster repair thread in case some people with answers might have missed these threads. For me, the home improvement threads could be useful in the future.

posted by jr on Mar 06, 2012 at 11:56:53 pm     #

We used to use Rick's Custom Tile when I worked in residential construction. (419) 478-7705

Expect to pay for a quality installer though.

posted by slowsol on Mar 07, 2012 at 09:16:49 am     #

Also, the good people tend to be booked up several weeks, if not months, into the future. We waited 7 weeks for our guy to be available ... but it was worth every day and every dollar. Will share his name later -- I'm out of town right now.

posted by viola on Mar 08, 2012 at 08:24:32 am     #

I was going to recommend someone who did great work, but on another project he has been AWOL, so I will just keep my mouth shut.

posted by historymike on Mar 08, 2012 at 01:25:21 pm     #

Ken Kuyoth 419/481-4448. He has done some great work for a few of my friends.

posted by JohnnyMac on Mar 09, 2012 at 03:29:32 pm     #   1 person liked this

Tile really isn't very hard. I've laid floors in both my bathrooms and in several friends hourse. Buy yourself a cheap wet saw ($100-$200) and spend some time on youtube and you can save yourself a mint.

posted by SensorG on Mar 09, 2012 at 04:56:04 pm     #

If you decide to do it yourself, remember to start in the center and work toward the sides - it will look 100 times better that way.

Yes, the voice of experience speaking...

posted by historymike on Mar 09, 2012 at 06:29:33 pm     #

Tile and Stone Concepts, 419-266-6694

The lady who recommended them to me said that when considering installers, ask whether they have worked with glass tiles. It's a good indication of their skill level (and, you seem to have a glass component in your design).

Good luck!

posted by viola on Mar 10, 2012 at 11:30:56 am     #

I am resurrecting this thread since the recommendations are four years old. Does anyone have a really good tile guy? We are renovating a mud/laundry room/office and need approximately 210 sq/ft of tile laid. Thanks in advance.

posted by MoreThanRhetoric on Aug 19, 2016 at 12:18:30 pm     #

Jeff Lewinski with Laidright Tile did a fantastic job on our bathroom.

He was trained in Germany which is a big deal, at least according to the lady that owns Main Street Tile.

posted by idinspired on Aug 19, 2016 at 12:57:05 pm     #

We have used Scott Cox work # 419-878-7818 he does great work and fair price and shows up when he tells you he will. He was recommended by our plumber Engler and Sons who is very reputable.

posted by pschaff on Aug 19, 2016 at 04:44:10 pm     #