Question about Buckeye Cable (LCD TV)

We just purchased a HD LCD TV and we have buckeye cable with a DVR box. The picture quality is terrible and I am not sure if there is some way of changing the settings on the actual DVR because before we had a standard old “tube style” TV that didn’t have HD or anything. It seemed that the picture was clearer on that TV than it is with the LCD.

I hooked up our APPLE TV and watched some stuff from that and it was very clear. Before I set up a call for buckeye to come out I was hoping for some tips or advice from anyone that use the Buckeye cable service. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Like I said before when buckeye came out to set up the DVR and cable we had the old “tube style” TV and I think he set it up for that style with the standard coaxial cable and now I am using HDMI.

I hope this makes sense. I’m not very tech savy LOL

Thanks

created by stooks on Mar 07, 2012 at 09:18:44 am
updated by admin on Mar 07, 2012 at 10:00:29 am
    Home     Comments: 11

Have you subscribed to the HD channels? Those would be channels 600-699.

posted by wahhutch9 on Mar 07, 2012 at 09:24:35 am     #   1 person liked this

^^ what wahhutch9 said.

Normal channels look worse on a HDTV IMHO. You need to forget all of the channels you were watching and find their counterparts in the 600s.

posted by idinspired on Mar 07, 2012 at 09:38:00 am     #

You also need to check to see if the cable box you have from Buckeye is an HD box. I'm guessing your box is not. If it isn't, you can swap it at any of the Buckeye satellite locations around town. An HD box will cost you a few bucks more per month.

Once you get it, enjoy - and welcome to the wonderful world of High Def.

posted by Foodie on Mar 07, 2012 at 09:52:58 am     #

Oh a new set of channels to remember, makes my head crazy! LOL I thought standard stations like 13 are in HD and that still looks crappy? Maybe I do need to upgrade to a new box!

posted by stooks on Mar 07, 2012 at 10:28:43 am     #

Channel 13 is in HD but you have to go to channel 613 to get it:

If your box doesn't go to 613 then you will have to take it in and upgrade it.

posted by idinspired on Mar 07, 2012 at 11:06:34 am     #

Makes sense! Thanks for the help everyone!

posted by stooks on Mar 07, 2012 at 11:36:15 am     #

All Buckeye DVR boxes are HD. If you do not actually have a DVR or HD box, you can either go to the digital cable box and use the by pass to go to the coax in on the TV and have the digital box RCA go to the TV (one box two inputs to the TV). This will allow you to get all the digital channels that you may subscribe to using Buckeye, and you can use the bypass to get the feed straight out of the coax to view the HD channels (11.1, 13.1 etc). The other way is to put a splitter before the box and same idea, coax direct to TV, other coax to cable box to RCA to TV. whew... I've hooked my TVs up way too many ways and too many times!

posted by smbfc on Mar 07, 2012 at 05:44:15 pm     #   1 person liked this

Smbfc is correct all buckeye dvr are HD capable. Additional settings for matching your HD TV display capabilities can be accessed by pressing power button then the menu button. This will give you resolution and aspect ratio options. If you feel uncomfortable making these adjustment set the appointment with buckeye to come out and help you or they will also be willing to walk you through the steps over the phone.

posted by toddhuey on Mar 07, 2012 at 08:31:49 pm     #   1 person liked this

stooks, be sure to come back and tell us how you like HD!

posted by gamegrrl on Mar 07, 2012 at 10:49:14 pm     #   1 person liked this

make sure you use a HDMI cable between the box and tv

posted by jhop on Mar 08, 2012 at 02:34:16 am     #

Turns out we had HD and started enjoying the 600 channels last night! Looks great!
Thanka for the channel list and all the help guys!

posted by stooks on Mar 08, 2012 at 08:59:18 am     #