Need item for babyshower

I am looking for empty baby food jars. If you could save them up for me, I would appreciate it very much. I need a lot (100) to make rainbow cupcakes. Or if you know where I could get a lot of them, please share that information with me.

Thanks,
Angie

created by ToledoLatina on Mar 29, 2012 at 11:11:52 pm     Parenting     Comments: 13

Cool idea!

posted by OhioKimono on Mar 30, 2012 at 06:41:54 am     #

I wonder what Mom's House does with their empty baby food jars?

My kids' elementary school recently donated thousands of jars of baby food there. (Each classroom gathered at least 100 jars to celebrate the 100th Day of School.)

So, I know they use baby food...the question is, what do they do with the jars?

posted by mom2 on Mar 30, 2012 at 08:34:13 am     #

baby food jars?

can jars go in the oven? the lip is narrower than the body; how do you get the cup cake out?

posted by enjoyeverysandwich on Mar 30, 2012 at 09:51:15 am     #   1 person liked this

was wondering that too enjoyeverysandwhich.

Hope you get them, maybe also try Libbey Glass Outlet they seems to have glass-everything there might find something equivalent and relatively inexpensive.

Sorry no babies here else I'd keep them for you.

posted by INeedCoffee on Mar 30, 2012 at 09:56:36 am     #

It would appear that you can - there are a lot of links and recipes for "Rainbow Cupcakes in a Jar"

posted by mom2 on Mar 30, 2012 at 09:59:43 am     #

I was thinking a lot easier to make these than to cut a cake. and not as messy for the kids that are at the shower.

Baby shower theme is Rainbow fish. as thats what we are doing the room in

posted by ToledoLatina on Mar 30, 2012 at 10:29:23 am     #   1 person liked this

Find a cake recipe that uses apple sauce or puréed fruit…problem solved

posted by SensorG on Mar 30, 2012 at 10:42:34 am     #

If you don't find the jars, I did a quick Google search and found a variety of cute rainbow cupcake options:

posted by mom2 on Mar 30, 2012 at 11:03:07 am     #

There are even rainbow fish cupcakes to really tie into your theme:

posted by mom2 on Mar 30, 2012 at 11:05:39 am     #

thank you Mom2 for your help. the fish ones are adorable.

posted by ToledoLatina on Mar 30, 2012 at 05:07:07 pm     #

That blue one on the right is staring at me, I think he is just daring me to eat him.

posted by Linecrosser on Mar 30, 2012 at 05:26:37 pm     #

ToledoLatina posted at 05:07:07 PM on Mar 30, 2012:

thank you Mom2 for your help. the fish ones are adorable.

And they really don't look like they'd be that hard to make. Just make regular cupcakes, frost them in various colors and use candy pieces to match.

That's something even I could handle! (The more elaborate ones would be way out of my league.)

posted by mom2 on Mar 30, 2012 at 08:06:59 pm     #

Well at least you don't plan on serving these.

posted by Linecrosser on Mar 31, 2012 at 05:22:51 am     #