Old Car Battery Disposal

I have two old batteries from Cars that have died in my storage unit. Any idea as to where I can take these to have them properly disposed of?

created by Molsonator on Apr 20, 2012 at 08:36:53 am     Home     Comments: 10

posted by Linecrosser on Apr 20, 2012 at 08:46:06 am     #

OH THANK GOD! I hev so meny rooters and moters to get redd of, is driveng me nutz!! :D ya gotz to wonder...

posted by nana on Apr 20, 2012 at 10:06:03 am     #

You can drop them off at Battery Wholesale if you don't want to make a new Craigslist friend in hopes of getting 8 bucks.

posted by justread on Apr 20, 2012 at 10:42:58 am     #   1 person liked this

Battery store at the corner of Westwood and Nebraska, near UT & Scott Park TPD station buys them. Expect between 5-10 bucks a piece.

posted by 6th_Floor on Apr 20, 2012 at 11:29:48 am     #

Second Battery Wholesale and there are a couple of them around town.

posted by INeedCoffee on Apr 20, 2012 at 02:00:12 pm     #

I drove past there today and the sign said $9 paid for each.

posted by 6th_Floor on Apr 20, 2012 at 08:05:16 pm     #

Thanks for everyone's help. Battery Wholesale it is. Justread's post is my thought - funny.

posted by Molsonator on Apr 20, 2012 at 08:54:28 pm     #

where to get rid of old household batteries?

posted by enjoyeverysandwich on Oct 12, 2012 at 12:20:24 pm     #

I was just at Battery Wholesale on Alexis yesterday! had to get me a new battery for my stang! Very friendly people there!

posted by stooks on Oct 12, 2012 at 03:31:29 pm     #

IIRC, there is a battery shop (possibly battery wholesale) at Nebraska & Westwood and they used to have a sign up that said they would pay for used batteries. It might have been as much as $18 but I can't recall.

posted by JeepMaker on Oct 12, 2012 at 10:42:36 pm     #