Next Cash Mob this Saturday

Always meant to try this place but I never remember to go when they're open! :)

created by nana on Apr 24, 2012 at 07:47:22 am     Business     Comments: 9

There will be another chance to patronize them Saturday, May 5. The Plant Exchange is held in their parking lot, with a workshop on hydroponic vertical gardening inside.

Drop off plants at 9:00 (also OK to donate tools, hoses, pots, garden decor), workshop at 9:15, shop for free plants from 10 to 11:30. Then have lunch or coffee at the Sub Shop.

The first time I saw it, I had a flashback to my college town in the 1980s, when funky little places like that were run by hippies.

It gets pretty crowded during this event, so please make a point of patronizing them either before or after the big event -- especially since the crowd of plant-shoppers mobs the place and may not spend any money!

Spouse says there's also a train show going on down the street at the Amtrak station on 5/5.

posted by viola on Apr 24, 2012 at 09:39:11 am     #

It gets pretty crowded during this event, so please make a point of patronizing them either before or after the big event.

posted by viola on Apr 24, 2012 at 09:40:06 am     #   1 person liked this

Crap!! double post, sorry !!!!

posted by viola on Apr 24, 2012 at 09:40:35 am     #

I love the Sub Shop... glad to see this happening there.

posted by toledolen_ on Apr 24, 2012 at 01:44:17 pm     #

Me too! That's awesome! Good for them!

posted by upso on Apr 24, 2012 at 02:44:30 pm     #

The food is excellent! Portions are generous...salads homemade and delicious. Been going there for 20+ years!

posted by Ann on Apr 26, 2012 at 01:33:57 pm     #

Tomorrow guys!

posted by tlm0000 on Apr 27, 2012 at 08:19:17 pm     #

gonna bring my brother and maybe The Hub if it's raining!

posted by nana on Apr 27, 2012 at 11:17:07 pm     #