Come on really? We're bemoaning the loss of the Space Spiral and Disaster Transport?
Rider count on Space Spiral is to low. It was basically replaced by the 16 ft higher Windseeker next door, that provides better unobstructed views, and is more attractive visually at night due to the lighting. Hated the Space Spiral as a kid and it hasn't gotten any better as I've aged.
Disaster Transport is appropriately named. Its a disaster that Kinzell the CEO admitted was his biggest mistake during his tenure. It started as Avalanche Run and was so bad they tried to salvage it by building a warehouse around it and adding a theme. They couldn't change the fact it was a terrible ride and the themeing has been broken and inoperable for years. The worst aspect is by adding the warehouse building they blocked off the beach.
I hate to see good rides go and lose history in the park, but these two need to go. Sometimes rides lose their relevance, sometimes they become too expensive to continue operating due to age or lack of available parts.
Now if we want bemoan history or family rides.....
1. The botched hotel breakers renovation in the early 90's that caused it to lose historic status. Not to mention the fact the entire interior needs redone but they won't because they can get an arm and leg without rennovating because of the location.
2. Buzzsaw Kinzell removed so many trees the train ride and paddlewheel boats lost their other world feel and they won't fix half the animatronics. Then they built a stupid bridge so they had to get rid of the real Paddlewheel boats and put in the lousy motor boats due to height restrictions until they finally removed the whole thing.
3. The Ballroom upstairs on the Midway that can no longer be used thanks to the ADA
1. Pirate Ride-Dark Ride where whole family could get in one boat
2. Mill Race-Water Ride where one family can all ride in one log and not get soaked
3. White Water Landing-Water Ride with a family in one canoe
4. Wild Cat-tame entry coaster where a family of four had their own private car
5. Paddlewheel excursion
6. Demon Drop- family could ride in one car
7. Bearenstein Bears/Snoopy play area- walled off thanks again to the ADA.