Interesting shows while searching Rave Cinemas (and Valentine)

I just noticed a few shows that will be playing at Rave Theaters in the area and thought I would share this as I was not aware they played shows like these.

The first is a Doors concert from 1968 they are playing tomorrow night only at the Rave Theater at the Westfield Mall at 7pm. It features the entire concert in HD, 5.1 surround sound. I had snippets of this concert on VHS back in the late 80's and really enjoyed it.

Another interesting thing I see they are playing is Pulp Fiction for one night only on December 6th. This would be really interesting to see on the big screen as opposed to at home on DVD.

and don't forget, Friday nights at the Valentine they have Silver Screen Classics starting in Mid December featuring:
It's a Wonderful Life, Gone With The Wind, Citizen Kane, The Godfather and more........
http://www.valentinetheatre.com/events.html (Scroll down toward the bottom of the page)

created by Danneskjold on Nov 13, 2012 at 01:02:16 am     Entertainment     Comments: 18

source      versions      1 person liked this

Reservoir Dogs will also be playing on December 4.

It's good to see Rave mix it up a bit, as I find myself going to the movies less often nowadays. It will be fun to see both of these Tarantino movies on the big screen!

posted by brainswell on Nov 13, 2012 at 10:09:43 am     #

Thanks for sharing this info. You can't beat $5 Tuesdays!

posted by JnJ on Nov 13, 2012 at 10:44:37 am     #

Correction: Concert movies cost $12.50 no matter what day of the week they run.

posted by JnJ on Nov 14, 2012 at 09:33:45 am     #

Pulp Fiction airs tonight.

posted by jr on Dec 06, 2012 at 10:32:20 am     #

Saturday features all 3 Lord of the Rings movies for $25. But who can bear sitting in a theatre for 13 hours?

posted by anonymouscoward on Dec 06, 2012 at 11:00:06 am     #

The movie "It's a Wonderful Life" plays tonight at the Valentine Theatre.

Silver Screen Classics

2012

• It's a Wonderful Life - Fri, Dec 14 - 7:30 p.m.

2013

• Gone With The Wind - Fri, Jan 4 - 7:30 p.m.
  • Citizen Kane - Fri, Jan 11 - 7:30 p.m.
  • The Bridge on the River Kwai - Fri, Jan 18 - 7:30 p.m.
  • From Here to Eternity - Fri, Jan 25 - 7:30 p.m.
  • The Godfather - Fri, Feb 22 - 7:30 p.m.
  • Stage Coach - Fri, Mar 8 - 7:30 p.m.
  • The Producers - Fri, Mar 29 - 7:30 p.m.
  • Back to the Future - Fri, Apr 5 - 7:30 p.m.
  • The Pink Panther - Fri, Apr 26 - 7:30 p.m.
  • Breakfast Club - Fri, May 24 - 7:30 p.m.
  • The Color Purple - Fri, June 21 - 7:30 p.m.
  • Grand Prix - Fri, June 28 - 7:30 p.m.

Toledo’s New Old Fashioned Night Out : $5 movie screenings

Cold Tall Drafts • Full Bar • $2 Popcorn

posted by jr on Dec 14, 2012 at 02:39:23 pm     #   1 person liked this

Silver Screen Classics at the Valentine Theatre

Toledo’s New Old Fashioned Night Out : $5 movie screenings

Cold Tall Drafts • Full Bar • $2 Popcorn

Breakfast Club - Fri, May 24, 2013 - 7:30 p.m.

posted by jr on May 22, 2013 at 03:56:50 pm     #

And parking costs?

posted by Trilby on May 22, 2013 at 05:05:11 pm     #

Considering all the movies are after 5:00 pm, parking is free downtown.

posted by daddyg on May 22, 2013 at 09:44:55 pm     #

One caveat to the Valentine Theater series: I have attended a number of these screenings, and the video quality in all three was at best subpar. If you are a film aficionado and want crisp imagery, you may be disappointed.

The last one I went to was The Sting, and it looked like a copy of a copy of a copy of a VHS.

posted by historymike on May 23, 2013 at 05:48:45 am     #

jr posted at 03:56:50 PM on May 22, 2013:

Silver Screen Classics at the Valentine Theatre

Toledo’s New Old Fashioned Night Out : $5 movie screenings

Cold Tall Drafts • Full Bar • $2 Popcorn

Breakfast Club - Fri, May 24, 2013 - 7:30 p.m.

You’ll get the answer to that question, Mr. Bender, next Saturday.

posted by justread on May 23, 2013 at 06:15:04 am     #

Unofrtunately I will miss one of my favorite movies, The Breakfast Club, due to timing, but I will definitely be checking out The Colour Purple next month, I've always wanted to see that in a theatre.

posted by ONEVillageIsAwesome on May 23, 2013 at 08:43:32 am     #

"programme"
"colour"

Canadian much?

posted by justread on May 23, 2013 at 11:00:35 am     #

No, Welsh. I usually check myself when using Oxford English on the net but it sometimes slips out. I use only Oxford English in every other aspect of my life and it just seems the correct way to spell things. At least I don't have an accent any more so I blend in with the more bland American accent.

posted by ONEVillageIsAwesome on May 23, 2013 at 11:33:02 am     #

Trilby posted at 05:05:11 PM on May 22, 2013:

And parking costs?

I paid $5 to park in the lot opposite the north or west entrance to the Valentine Theatre.

My wife and I had a blast. I enjoyed the old Looney Tunes cartoons before the movie. An ax-wielding Porky Pig. So politically incorrect today. Fantastic.

We could take our adult beverages into the theatre. A large gin and tonic and popcorn. Not too shabby.

Even though the Breakfast Club is a relatively short movie, the theatre still had an intermission, which was timely. Another gin and tonic and more popcorn.

A seemlingly good-sized crowd attended. It was all ages from grade school age to retirement age.

It has been so long since I last saw that movie that I had forgotten how great it was. It's funny.

Some of the crowd quoted the Judd Nelson (Bender) lines during the movie, and everyone sang the Simple Minds song at the end.

That may have been the most fun that I have ever had at a movie theatre, from a legal perspective.

Afterwards, we went to the Ottawa Tavern, which was hoppin'. Got some food from the food truck in the parking lot and Bell's beer inside.

posted by jr on May 25, 2013 at 12:34:11 am     #   2 people liked this

Wow. That sounds like an awesome time., I really wish my schedule would have allowed for it. Did people dress up like they used to or was it fully an informal affair?

I can't wait till next months, I love the Colour Purple and have only ever seen it onn vhs.

posted by ONEVillageIsAwesome on May 25, 2013 at 04:10:09 am     #

"Did people dress up like they used to or was it fully an informal affair?"

You can dress however you want. Some were spiffed up. Others like me dressed casually.

And some dressed like the characters in the movie.

Bender attended last night. Outside after the movie, people were getting their photos taken with him.

posted by jr on May 25, 2013 at 07:35:25 am     #   1 person liked this

Oh my God I'm so jealous. I REALLY wish I could have gone to that!

posted by ONEVillageIsAwesome on May 25, 2013 at 08:32:54 am     #