Cinemark to buy Rave theatres

Rave Cinemas has agreed to sell all 32 of its theaters, representing 483 screens, to Cinemark Holdings for approximately $240 million.

Rave operates the theaters at Westfield Franklin Park in Toledo, Levis Commons in Perrysburg, and the Shops at Fallen Timbers in Maumee.

Cinemark owns the theaters at Woodland Mall in Bowling Green, as well as locations in Tiffin and Sandusky.

The details of the deal still are being worked out, and it is subject to Department of Justice or Federal Trade Commission antitrust approval.

[...]

Itís unclear if ticket prices at local theaters will increase. The spokesman for Cinemark did not respond to a question about theater prices.
created by anonymouscoward on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:11:30 am     Entertainment     Comments: 10

1) Please, for the love of $DEITY, let the government say NO.

2) Watch ticket prices go back up to $12, $14 a ticket if it does happen.

posted by anonymouscoward on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:12:33 am     #

The theatre in BG is a joke and needs a complete remodel.

posted by mk123 on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:24:59 am     #

Netflix. Redbox for newer stuff. Comfy couch. Bose surround sound. Dog. Home-pot popped popcorn.

Let 'em raise prices to $25 a ticket. I don't have to go.

And the Valentine Theater's "classic" film series gives me my theater-going fix for far less.

posted by oldhometown on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:27:57 am     #   3 people liked this

The last theater movie I went to was Aladdin.
The three year old that I accompanied is now 24.
So that would be 19 years, I guess.

posted by justread on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:41:20 am     #

24-3=21

posted by MattL on Nov 20, 2012 at 11:36:15 am     #   6 people liked this

As you can tell, I didn't actually DO the math. Besides, she was just 22.

They grow up so fast. :)

posted by justread on Nov 20, 2012 at 01:30:40 pm     #

Sad I was like Rave, free refills, discount days, Opera, classic movies, it was a notch up from the previous owners.

Just hope it stays the same or better, but not a step backwards.

posted by INeedCoffee on Nov 20, 2012 at 01:55:27 pm     #

Oh, man! I hope I don't get hosed on the movie tickets I bought for cheap at Costco. :-(

posted by Anniecski on Nov 20, 2012 at 02:18:32 pm     #

Anniecski posted at 01:18:32 PM on Nov 20, 2012:

Last time they honored the tickets for ~5 months or so.

posted by anonymouscoward on Nov 20, 2012 at 07:01:02 pm     #

I wish there was a way you guys could get Warren up there. They are simply amazing and the prices are extremely reasonable. Not to mention you'll get spoiled with the balcony seating that comes with full restaurant and bar service.

posted by JustaSooner on Nov 21, 2012 at 12:26:54 am     #