WAZE iphone traffic app

if you have an iphone, you should consider downloading this app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/waze-social-gps-traffic-gas/id323229106?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

i added it last weekend and i'm surprised with the amount of local people using it. great way to spot traffic cams, slow traffic etc

created by upso on Nov 22, 2012 at 10:36:51 pm     Technology     Comments: 11

I've been using this for awhile. Also available on androids. I love the app

posted by wahhutch9 on Nov 22, 2012 at 11:02:16 pm     #   2 people liked this

ah good to know about android!

posted by upso on Nov 22, 2012 at 11:09:52 pm     #

My wife turned me on to Waze a few weeks ago. It's pretty handy and seems as accurate as any other map app out there with the bonus of speed trap and slow traffic updates in real time. My only complaint is that the turn-by-turn tends to give directions a little late for some turns.

All in all, it is very nice.

posted by MoreThanRhetoric on Nov 22, 2012 at 11:14:00 pm     #

I too have been using Waze for a while. I like that it gives you something other than what the regular GPS systems provide. Real-time information to fellow users, as well as silly points for fun things on the side.

To know how many a speed trap I've passed through legally because of this handy little app.

posted by BrianInFlorida on Nov 23, 2012 at 06:20:28 am     #

I may have to try Waze again to see if I can get used to it. I use Google Maps Navigation when making deliveries, but I swear, the folks who programmed that thing must have been high as a kite.
Even if I know the general area I'm going to I'll use it because it will tell me when I get close to the address, and I can know when to look for the house numbers.
I have had that crazy program send me several blocks out of the way for seemingly no reason. For example, I was headed down Douglas, and it had me turn left, go 2 blocks, turn right go 2 blocks, turn right again and go back to Douglas and make a left? Like I said, either the programmers were high, or some real jokesters.

posted by JeepMaker on Nov 23, 2012 at 10:07:25 am     #

Been using Waze for about a year. Great program. Way better than the Iphone maps app.

posted by slowsol on Nov 23, 2012 at 10:37:36 am     #

I've been using this app for a few years now. It's come a long way! I love it

posted by stooks on Nov 23, 2012 at 04:40:18 pm     #

Downloaded. Awesome. Tnx!

posted by gamegrrl on Nov 24, 2012 at 05:28:05 pm     #   2 people liked this

i had someone message me today, asking for a ride! :)

posted by upso on Nov 24, 2012 at 05:40:17 pm     #   2 people liked this

Awesome! Downloaded it yesterday.

Thanks

posted by justphillips on Nov 25, 2012 at 12:37:53 pm     #

I'll be honest, I was just thinking about why couldn't I download the waze app to my iPad and use that with the big screen!?I've always been using my phone this whole time. I'm gonna give that a whirl. :)

posted by stooks on Jan 15, 2013 at 03:49:42 pm     #