Anyone Try Electronic Cigarettes?

Or are they even cigarettes at all? I've seen the commercials, and it sure looks like real smoke to me. More important, do they actually help smokers to quit?

created by Wulf on Dec 24, 2012 at 08:36:41 pm     Health     Comments: 7

i have a close friend trying these ones out: http://www.greensmoke.com/
they are higher end, but work AMAZINGLY well
you can pick "smoke" to match the brand of cigs you're currently trying to quit
they seem really high quality, and "ight up" with one puff

my understanding is, they are a great way to phase out cigarettes
if you don't go cold turkey, and use the e-cigs more and more as you phase out the smoke cigs, it can work!

they really do seem to have "smoke"
i've tried a puff and they are kind of weird to use at first
part of it has to do with the fact you get a smoke sensation and look, without the smell or funk

posted by upso on Dec 24, 2012 at 10:01:28 pm     #   1 person liked this

Doesn't the extension cord get in your way?

posted by shamrock44 on Dec 24, 2012 at 11:35:44 pm     #   2 people liked this

I used them and know several people that have used them as well. I used the Joye Ego-c which is a very well trusted brand as well as Revolver which is local. Revolver has a lounge in their store as well as some very helpful staff to help you choose. They're located at Central and Holland-Sylvania

posted by steve155 on Dec 26, 2012 at 03:21:26 pm     #

I quit a 2-1/2 pack a day habit cold turkey in 1976. It was hard. Really hard. But well worth the three/four weeks of withdrawal discomfort. I was no fun to be around during that time either. I "cleaned" a storage shed by flinging every item overhand as far as I could across the lawn. Husband and children stayed well out of sight.:) I wish all of you who are trying to kick the habit to keep trying. Do whatever it takes. Its so worth it when you finally do.

The worse the habit the sweeter it is when you get it behind you.

posted by holland on Dec 26, 2012 at 04:56:56 pm     #   1 person liked this

shamrock44 posted at 10:35:44 PM on Dec 24, 2012:

Doesn't the extension cord get in your way?

This was seriously hilarious!

posted by slowsol on Dec 26, 2012 at 09:06:14 pm     #

I was a pretty hardcore smoker from my late teens til age 30. Then I was off and on throughout my 30s before stopping for good at 38. IMHO e-cigs, patches, nic gum, etc. are not effective to quit. You have to change your mentality about smoking. This is the book that got me to quit for good:

posted by Ace_Face on Dec 26, 2012 at 09:14:40 pm     #   1 person liked this

E-cigs = methadone.

Different delivery, same addiction.

Maybe less harmful, but not solving anything.

Congratulations to all who have quit. I wish my mother would and it depresses me to no end to know she will probably pass away from a smoking related illness.

posted by oldhometown on Dec 26, 2012 at 10:27:36 pm     #   1 person liked this