Local glass jewelry makers

My wife has a birthday comeing up and she just looooves hand made glass jewelry. this being Glass city USA, does anyone know of any glass jewelry artisans in the area?

created by billy on Dec 31, 2012 at 11:31:32 am     Business     Comments: 13

There are quite a few, Billy. I am one, but I'm on hiatus. Do you have an idea of what kind of thing you're looking for? That would help me hook you up with someone.

posted by gamegrrl on Dec 31, 2012 at 11:52:14 am     #

There is also a nice selection of glass work by local artists at the Toledo Museum of Art gift shop.

posted by gamegrrl on Dec 31, 2012 at 12:05:24 pm     #

+1 for the museum gift shop. I worked there years ago and I can vouch that it is the best collection of local glass artists.

posted by idinspired on Dec 31, 2012 at 12:10:18 pm     #

mostly thinking about pendants - someone recommended Zyndorf's out on Central, and I'd also thought of the Art M, but like the idea of working with the artists

posted by billy on Dec 31, 2012 at 12:12:08 pm     #

Sure wish I had some stock to share with you. I do vessel-type pendants:

posted by gamegrrl on Dec 31, 2012 at 12:21:06 pm     #

Wow, beautiful!

posted by billy on Dec 31, 2012 at 12:22:24 pm     #

Thanks :-) It's kinda my thang :-)

posted by gamegrrl on Dec 31, 2012 at 12:23:15 pm     #

is the museum store and collectors corner the same thing?

posted by billy on Dec 31, 2012 at 12:38:49 pm     #

The Collectors Corner is part of the museum store. That is the portion that sells artwork from regional artists, as opposed to the mass produced items like jewelry or books that the store also offers.

Here's a list of local artists from the Arts Commission:

There are a company galleries you might want to contact - Copper Moon Studios, Fire Nation.

You might also want to look at Baker O'Brien. She was Dominick Labino's only apprentice and still uses his original glass recipes. If you're not familiar with Labino, he is a legend in the world of glass art and is credited as being one of the founders of the studio glass movement.

gamegrrl - your pendants are very nicely done!

posted by idinspired on Dec 31, 2012 at 12:53:37 pm     #

*couple, not company

posted by idinspired on Dec 31, 2012 at 12:54:08 pm     #

Thank you, idinspired! My work used to be in Collector's Corner, as well, before my hiatus.

posted by gamegrrl on Dec 31, 2012 at 01:05:59 pm     #

I went to the Collectors Corner and found a lovely pendant and matching earrings in the dichroic style. with the various colors, It will go with many things that she owns. Just under a hundred bucks and she absolutely loved it.

thanks gang!!

posted by billy on Jan 17, 2013 at 10:14:07 am     #   1 person liked this

Fabulous!!! Dichroic glass is beautiful. So glad it worked out well for you!

posted by gamegrrl on Jan 17, 2013 at 01:01:12 pm     #