Two Banks Robbed Downtown in Two Days

Huntington Bank was robbed downtown yesterday and just this morning PNC downtown was robbed.

Crazy People !

created by stooks on Jan 03, 2013 at 12:47:20 pm     News     Comments: 15

and the robbers yesterday didn't wear masks...LOL

Wow.

posted by stooks on Jan 03, 2013 at 12:48:27 pm     #

Well...Christmas bills are coming due...

posted by oldhometown on Jan 03, 2013 at 01:53:11 pm     #   1 person liked this

Just withdrawing their Obama Bucks. Sharing the wealth, tax free.

posted by max on Jan 03, 2013 at 01:53:41 pm     #   1 person liked this

As an aside:

Why is it that we can take a photograph of a single license plate--traveling at highway speeds--from a satellite 22,750 miles above the earth, but most banks' security camera shots I see (in print or on TV) seem to be taken from a smudged 1.3 megapixel black and white cell phone camera? Why would you have to wear a mask?

posted by oldhometown on Jan 03, 2013 at 02:03:54 pm     #   8 people liked this

That's a good point OHT!

posted by stooks on Jan 03, 2013 at 02:44:57 pm     #

I thought the latest security camera shot looked great:

posted by Spaceace on Jan 03, 2013 at 06:08:33 pm     #

The cameras were good enough, plus one of them was recognized....both arrested.

posted by max on Jan 03, 2013 at 07:36:43 pm     #

Those fellas look like nice young men. I bet if their mommas were interviewed they would say they were trying to get their lives together and were thinking about going to medical school.

posted by Elva on Jan 03, 2013 at 10:30:50 pm     #   6 people liked this

Obviously the next move for the banks is to post signs that state each bank branch is a "robbery free zone". LOL! That oughta fix the problem.

posted by GuestZero on Jan 04, 2013 at 01:30:25 am     #   5 people liked this

Ha Elva, you're probably right!

posted by stooks on Jan 04, 2013 at 09:35:56 am     #

I have to say, those are definitely the best "this person robbed a bank" photos I have ever seen.

posted by gamegrrl on Jan 04, 2013 at 10:27:00 am     #

I agree. I guess things are getting better.

posted by oldhometown on Jan 04, 2013 at 10:41:29 am     #

Before going to my bank I always shave, comb my hair and brush my teeth. I want to look good on camera. Ha!

posted by flinty on Jan 04, 2013 at 03:14:54 pm     #

As to banks and security cameras, its all about the money. They just won't spend what it takes to get a top shelf system.

There is little to no prevention - you rarely see an armed guard anymore except in very high crime areas. Most banks have dye packs. Some are now adding hidden GPS units in special money packs.

If they were honest they would also say that they dont really care if a robber is apprehended or not. If CSR's follow bank policy, about the amount of money they can allow to build up in their drawer and to never resist, there isn't much money to be had in the typical, one guy, one gun robbery, They are insured, as required by Federal law (FDIC). So its really a matter of getting the perpetrator out the door without hurting anyone and with a minimal amount of money that the banks have already figured into their overhead costs.

The banks and the perpetators both know the steps to the dance.

posted by holland on Jan 04, 2013 at 06:05:22 pm     #

Besides they can spend that money on buying naming rights and advertising.

posted by Linecrosser on Jan 04, 2013 at 06:17:36 pm     #