Restaurant's in Spring Meadows area

Can anyone recommend a Restaurant in the Spring Meadows area? Will be going out on Sunday for a late lunch / early dinner? Not interested in the Texas Roadhouse. Thanks!

created by tm2 on Mar 05, 2013 at 01:17:45 pm     Food     Comments: 18

Not sure how far you're willing to go, but two of my favorite local places within a couple minute's drive:
Spicy Tuna - some fantastic chinese options, and obviously with their name, a focus on sushi, at Airport and Holloway
Grape Leaf Diner - Lebanese, at McCord and Angola

posted by Johio83 on Mar 05, 2013 at 01:33:01 pm     #

Indian Jewel is great but be prepared for slow service. The food makes up for it though if you like Indian!

posted by idinspired on Mar 05, 2013 at 02:02:06 pm     #

In Spring Meadows proper is pretty slim pickings. Indian Jewel for sure. Grape Leaf is also good. La Scola is just down airport near Reynolds, beautiful room, good restaurant. Lot's of other options not much farther away: Cheers (surprisingly good sports bar), Burger Bar 419 is close, On Dussel (one more exit South) you have Mancy's Blue Water and Bangkok Kitchen(amazing).

posted by ahmahler on Mar 05, 2013 at 03:23:05 pm     #   2 people liked this

Yeah, I was going to post about the Cheers bar! We gave it a try because we didn't want to wait forever at other places and I was def. impressed with the food!

posted by stooks on Mar 05, 2013 at 03:31:48 pm     #

I've only gotten takeout, but Al Saher on McCord is pretty good if you like Lebanese.

posted by Ace_Face on Mar 05, 2013 at 03:42:56 pm     #

Rosie's on McCord, but I don't know if they are open on Sunday.

posted by madjack on Mar 05, 2013 at 03:46:59 pm     #

oh-and here's a plug for Gyro Kabob express in the Spicy Tuna plaza-Prolly the best Gyro in town, plus a great, expansive menu-Great for carryout, not the prettiest restaurant in the world.

posted by ahmahler on Mar 05, 2013 at 04:36:46 pm     #   2 people liked this

Al Saher has changed hands. Our last take out was our last take out. Ever.

I heartily second all others mentioned.

posted by holland on Mar 05, 2013 at 07:13:52 pm     #

Surprised that nobody mentioned New Empire Chinese. I have always really liked it there. Does anybody know something that I don't? I have always received generous portions, good taste and good service. Been there scores of times.

posted by squidgereen on Mar 05, 2013 at 07:54:54 pm     #

I'd put LaScola as #1 on the list. Locally owned, more than just food - cuisine, atmosphere, etc. I'd place New Empire second. Depending on day & time, food can be uneven, but generally pretty good.

posted by WordsRUs on Mar 05, 2013 at 09:32:29 pm     #

Forgot about New Empire, which is my favorite place for lunch in that area. They have a good dim sum menu and the entrees are half the price they charge later in the day.

posted by Ace_Face on Mar 05, 2013 at 09:57:42 pm     #

I remember when the only place to eat in that area was the McDonalds with the airplane inside. Anyone else remember that?

posted by Ace_Face on Mar 05, 2013 at 09:59:44 pm     #   1 person liked this

...the McDonalds with the airplane inside. Anyone else remember that?

I loved that place when I was 6 or 7 years old.

posted by oldhometown on Mar 05, 2013 at 10:05:56 pm     #

I worked there for a year oldhometown.

posted by Molsonator on Mar 05, 2013 at 10:11:49 pm     #

1981

posted by Molsonator on Mar 05, 2013 at 10:13:10 pm     #

New Empire.......Crispy Beef..........YUM..........

posted by holland on Mar 05, 2013 at 10:43:55 pm     #

Indian Jewel has probably the best tasting tandoor chicken but as all others say the service is SLOW. I also don't like the space they have for parking. I still like Tandoor of Toledo better then Indian Jewel just because of the over all service, parking and consistency on food.

Spicy Tuna I think has an identity crisis problem. The sushi is just Awful. The chinese food there is okay, but I wouldn't recommend it over New Empire. New Empire has better food, consistency, and more selection.

posted by EvilFoodie on Mar 06, 2013 at 02:48:12 am     #

Thanks everyone! Its going to be either Rosies or Cheers.

posted by tm2 on Mar 08, 2013 at 03:49:33 pm     #