St. Patrick's Day, St. Paddy's never St. Patty's.

Sorry, TT. Bit of a rant here. Being a proud Irish American, I have seen too much "St. Patty's" and "St. Party's" day stuff on the interwebs the last few days. Want to pull my hair out, drink some whiskey and punch someone. J/k Seriously though. I like my beer and whiskey and I will have one or both this Sunday. Maybe I'm getting old but using St. Patrick's Day as an excuse to act like a drunken A-hole or "be Irish" has really gotten under my skin.

created by TrilbyGuy on Mar 12, 2013 at 09:54:36 am     Other     Comments: 8

Amen to that! http://paddynotpatty.com

posted by bam2 on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:32:33 am     #

I refuse to feel guilty on my limo trip Sunday as we visit the area Irish bars. The same goes for Cinco de Mayo and the rest.
Just trying to help the local economy.

posted by Hoops on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:45:17 am     #   1 person liked this

Want to pull my hair out, drink some whiskey and punch someone.

Could be the Irish in you...

posted by oldhometown on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:47:10 am     #   2 people liked this

Thanks for sharing the peeve!

I get inexplicably annoyed when I see the phrase "party hardy."
Shouldn't it really be "party hearty" ? Or even better, "Party Heartily" ?

posted by viola on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:59:21 am     #   1 person liked this

Hoops, enjoy yourself. Paddy knows I will. It's Patrick's feast day. All the Irish celebrate in one form or another. My problem is the day being used as a day just to get drunk because...Irish.

posted by TrilbyGuy on Mar 12, 2013 at 11:03:15 am     #   2 people liked this

If my English grandfather was around today, you wouldn’t want to hear his thoughts on St. Paddy’s day or “the Irish” in general. Born in 1899 (lived to 95) he was from a much different era…

posted by SensorG on Mar 12, 2013 at 12:37:26 pm     #

Being both Half Irish and Half Polish I know what your saying. I just see it now as a day for most people to have an excuse to go out and act like frickin idiots.

posted by lfrost2125 on Mar 12, 2013 at 12:37:55 pm     #

SensorG, if my Irish great grandfather was around today, you wouldn't want to hear what he would have to say about the English. :)

posted by TrilbyGuy on Mar 12, 2013 at 02:21:31 pm     #