Call for submissions
Toledo.oh.gov Homepage Takeover
Funded and Administered by the City of Toledo
The City of Toledo is seeking submissions of digital works of art from local artists, photographers and graphic designers to be used as a digital installation on the new City of Toledo’s website homepage. This is your website, Toledo, and we want you to showcase the best of your City through your art. Digital submissions that meet the requirements outlined below will be considered for temporary display on the City’s homepage and in a gallery showcasing all entries used from now until the end of 2014.
The Toledo.oh.gov Homepage Takeover is an opportunity fort he City of Toledo to showcase its local talent by focusing the homepage on what makes Toledo a great place to live, work and play.
This project will offer a high-visibility opportunity for Toledo-area artists, photographers and graphic designers by allowing for a rotating digital installation on the City’s website. Each piece selected for inclusion in the digital installation will highlight the artist and be displayed on a separate page of the City’s website in addition to being featured as the homepage background for a designated period of time.
The City of Toledo’s website developer, AVATAR, LLC will coordinate the implementation of the digital installation through the duration of the project.
1. Photo of the Artist: The photo will be used on the Artist’s bio page.
2. Biography of the Artist: The bio of the Artist will be included in the City’s online Takeover gallery. The bio should include any videos or URLs as well as brief information about the Artist.
3. Artists must include with their entry a palette of 3-8 colors to use within the framework of the digital installation. The color palette must be delivered in RGB values.
4. Submissions must be an original piece of digital art including but not limited to illustration, photography, video stills, graphic design, or any other technique,method, or form of art that can be reproduced online. The digital art must be delivered as a >200dpi JPEG with a minimum size of 1200 pixels wide.
5. Artists may submit up to 3 original pieces of digital art.
6. All images must be suitable for the general public.
7. By submitting an entry to the Toledo.oh.gov Homepage Takeover the artist grants the City of Toledo unlimited use of the work and supporting information on the City’s website in perpetuity. The City is not requesting exclusive rights to the use of the image.
8. Digital images will be selected for display from the time of entry through the end of 2014.
Artists can view a sample of the website homepage at Toledo.oh.gov/takeover.
Call for Entries Issued : September 18, 2013
Submission Deadline : October 1, 2013
Selected Artists Notified : October 2013
Installation Beginning : October 2013 through December 2014
Forfurtherinformation, please contact:
Digital & Social Media Specialist
City of Toledo
Manager – Special Projects
City of Toledo