What Would You Like to See on http://www.toledo.oh.gov/

I miss the directory of email addresses of the employees in various departments in Toledo government. If I had a Dept of Neighborhood problem I could send an email to an individual in the department and they would either address it or buck it to someone who could. Now there are only phone numbers (managers don't have to worry about email records now). The last time I called the Department of Neighborhoods the nice lady there suggested she transfer to "Call City Hall" (which I had contacted twice on the same issue). This "improvement" of the Toledo government website seems to have occurred toward the end of the Michael Bell administration. I wonder what was so wrong with the old site that they decided to switch to one with less information about administrators and managers?

created by oldsendbrdy on Jan 16, 2014 at 07:18:14 pm     Comments: 8

Email addresses are a MUST.

posted by toledolen_ on Jan 16, 2014 at 07:38:28 pm     #

toledolen_ posted at 06:38:28 PM on Jan 16, 2014:

Email addresses are a MUST.

Well, a contact form minimum. Putting bare email addresses out there for all to see is like an inmate dropping trou in the exercise yard and yelling "COME AND GET IT!" because the spam-bots will come along and harvest them and fill up the city inboxes with MAKE.MONEY.FAST and V14GRA CH34P! and whatever.

posted by anonymouscoward on Jan 16, 2014 at 07:43:24 pm     #

If the city used gmail they wouldn't have that problem.

posted by toledolen_ on Jan 16, 2014 at 07:45:03 pm     #

I'd like to see an updated 2014 City of Toledo Refuse and Recycling Calendar.

posted by ckljy on Jan 17, 2014 at 12:14:21 am     #

The Toledo Refuse Pickup Calendar is online (finally) at http://www.republicservices.com/site/toledo-oh/en/weeklyschedulelibrary/2014%20toledo%20calendar-recyclables.pdf

posted by fgordon on Jan 17, 2014 at 09:34:46 am     #

I received one in the mail with my water bill.

posted by deere1 on Jan 17, 2014 at 10:29:29 am     #

Email addresses for officials and various departments
A chamber of commerce business directory
A submit local news feature
A submit local events feature
A local club directory

You know things about the actual Toledo area. This website should be a community hub for our area.

posted by OhioKimono on Jan 17, 2014 at 10:37:40 am     #

You think the government should be promoting clubs and chamber members? Really?

I'd prefer not to see my tax dollars going for that, thanks.

posted by Anniecski on Jan 17, 2014 at 10:44:31 am     #   1 person liked this