The Collapse of Common Sense

Today my wife, myself and our little one decided to head to the FP Mall at opening to grab some grub and show the little guy around...kind of like a people watching version of the zoo for him. After leaving the entrance of Dick's and heading to our vehicle we witnessed what happens when people get creative and decide to create their own parking spaces. Society at times is a man made cluster of idiots. For some reason beyond comprehension the circus was in town and decided to triple park ...there was a whole row of vehicles parked in. We waited over an hour for "our" genius to leave the mall so we cold leave the mall. I really wonder what society would be like if it ever had a shtf situation. What really got to me today on this exploration of the world's greatest rocket scientists was a person with a vehicle full of kids who deliberately parked another car in after I explained to her that there is a parking issue here and she is making it worse. She said she didn't care and off she went with the kids into the mall. After finally getting the opportunity to leave I informed the security personnel that when the tow truck arrived to make sure they towed the said ladies car first...being she wanted to be the best genius of them all.

created by dino on Feb 09, 2014 at 11:31:36 pm     Comments: 9

source      versions      1 person liked this

My eyes.

posted by toledolen_ on Feb 10, 2014 at 12:39:15 am     #   2 people liked this

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Except at Christmas.

posted by oldhometown on Feb 10, 2014 at 12:49:40 am     #   3 people liked this

OHT, Ha, ha, ha!

But tell me about it! I live in Old Orchard and want to cry when I am seeing right before my eyes the the slow-motion Bancroft-Hillsification of a still lovely neighborhood! Students parking with cars six deep in a driveway, blocking sidewalks, driving and parking on grass, filling up the streets.

I am really glad I asked my neighbor not park his monster truck in front of my house anymore. It would have been really hellish for me to get in and out with all of this snow! Of course they think I am a SOB bastard, but I keep my car, my animals and their poop, pee, noises, and smells on my own property. Being considerate is a lost art I guess.

posted by ilovetoledo on Feb 10, 2014 at 08:51:43 am     #

Not really ITL it's down to you, me and thee. Don't get me started...

posted by Mariner on Feb 10, 2014 at 09:43:55 am     #

...kind of like a people watching version of the zoo for him.

You'd probably have a better time at Wal-Mart after midnight. Still, the FP mall has opportunities for education at all levels.

If you want a really good look at incredibly stupid, ride along with a Toledo Police officer sometime. Criminals are so damned dumb you wouldn't believe it.

posted by madjack on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:27:04 am     #

Or go sit through some of the court cases at TMC. Unbelievable!

posted by ilovetoledo on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:36:50 am     #

Just when you think you are having a bad day, go "people watching" at some of the places mentioned above and you will tell yourself I am GOOD.

posted by Hoops on Feb 10, 2014 at 12:32:28 pm     #

Hoops posted at 11:32:28 AM on Feb 10, 2014:

Or at least clean.

I can't believe the number of people--who appear to have jobs/money (at least to buy a mound of groceries at the store)--whose odor indicates that bathing may only be a weekly experience.

I'll admit to crashing on the couch w/o showering and going out for breakfast the following morning, but I mean strong B.O. Knock a buzzard off a crap wagon kind...

posted by oldhometown on Feb 10, 2014 at 04:26:44 pm     #

Hoops posted at 11:32:28 AM on Feb 10, 2014:

I think the same thing every time I'm feeling a little on the fat side.

posted by MrsArcher on Feb 10, 2014 at 04:46:29 pm     #