What Sit-Down Restaurants Have All You Can Eat Options?

I know JoJo's has all you can eat fish on Friday, but any others?

created by ilovetoledo on Feb 14, 2014 at 03:23:41 pm     Comments: 17

The Flying Dutchman used to have an all you can eat buffet.

Homer ruined that for everyone.

posted by shamrock44 on Feb 14, 2014 at 03:26:55 pm     #   2 people liked this

Toledo Club turkey dinner buffet every Monday, and seafood buffet once a month.

Manhattan's has an awesome Sunday buffet.

posted by MrGlass419 on Feb 14, 2014 at 03:27:23 pm     #

Sorry, I should be clearer. My wife does not like buffet style restaurants so I was looking for something like JoJos where you can sit down but have an all you can eat option.

posted by ilovetoledo on Feb 14, 2014 at 03:28:36 pm     #

There was one in the old Northtown Mall. I loved it, because the more I ate, the more the servers complained! A Chinese joint as I recall.

posted by Wulf on Feb 14, 2014 at 03:45:45 pm     #

If this is for Valentine's Day, a few caveats:

• One of the busiest days of the year for restaurants, so it will be less romantic and somewhat rushed at best.
  • I have images of someone gorging out at the restaurant after reading the first post. Since this is Valentine's Day, perhaps pack away a sandwich or two beforehand and eat at a higher-class restaurant without the all-you-can-eat option. Romance opportunities will likely increase if you look like you are eating in moderation.
  • You do not want to end up like this dude:

posted by historymike on Feb 14, 2014 at 03:52:54 pm     #

A little bit of a drive, but Das Essen Haus between Archbold and Wauseon has "family style"

posted by Hoops on Feb 14, 2014 at 03:54:46 pm     #

Ha, ha, ha! I just lost my appetite! Thanks!

posted by ilovetoledo on Feb 14, 2014 at 03:59:25 pm     #

shamrock44 posted at 02:26:55 PM on Feb 14, 2014:

The Flying Dutchman used to have an all you can eat buffet.

Homer ruined that for everyone.

Frying Dutchman

posted by Ace_Face on Feb 14, 2014 at 07:24:58 pm     #   1 person liked this

It seems like Uncle John's Pancake House (Secor/Central) used to have an AYCE option each weeknight: spaghetti on Wednesday, fish on Friday, that sort of thing. I'm not sure if they're still doing it. But it's a sit-down place and not a buffet.

posted by viola on Feb 14, 2014 at 08:32:26 pm     #

Arghh, he's neither man, nor beast!

(Old Sea Captain to Homer)

posted by ahmahler on Feb 15, 2014 at 01:25:48 am     #

Inky's does all you can eat fish as well

posted by bucknut on Feb 15, 2014 at 07:22:46 am     #

The fish (light crumb coated Alaskan Pollock, fried, but NOT greasy) is no longer all-you-can-eat; people were becoming greedy and requesting an additional basket of fish when they were already full, and then taking it home in a doggy container as "leftovers". It's been a while now since the "all-you-can-eat" option was discontinued. However, the portions are gargantuan to begin with... The "lunch portion" is more than enough for two to have full generous meals, and the "dinner portion", well, it could feed a family, so it is just the same as if it were "all-you-can-eat", but without the waste/loss incurred by the restaurant because of greedy customers. BTW - Both the lunch and dinner portions come with a choice of side (salad or spaghetti), and basket of bread, and the prices are unbelievably low (if I'm not mistaken, the lunch portion is under $8, and the dinner portion -- under $10. And it's available as takeout, too, just like the rest of the menu. Can't find a better "fish fry" deal in all of Toledo, not even during Lent!

posted by Kip_Olynad on Feb 15, 2014 at 10:07:50 am     #

Just in case anyone was confused when reading my previous post, I was writing about Inky's as having discontinued their "all-you-can-eat" fish.

posted by Kip_Olynad on Feb 15, 2014 at 10:17:42 am     #

It is a shame. We've been to numerous restaurants that have offered the "all you ...." style of dining - many of them quite good - Inky's being one of them. And, we have seen - and overheard tables "plotting" their departure do exactly as described above.

WTF is wrong with people??!! Why are they not satisfied that they got good food at a great price? Nope, it's the old "I've gotta make sure I get more than my "fair share" line of (not) thinking that sinks the ship every time.

posted by Foodie on Feb 15, 2014 at 07:07:38 pm     #   3 people liked this

Ole Zim's Wagon Shed has AYCE family style meals on Sunday, but I don't recommend it, unless you have a large amount of people to feed and are there for the experience only. The food is overcooked, carb-laden, and tasteless. They also have a rule of no doggie bags allowed.

posted by nana on Feb 16, 2014 at 10:01:49 am     #

The American Table in Perrysburg has all you can eat fish and chips on Friday nights.

It's very good!!

posted by shamrock44 on Feb 16, 2014 at 10:18:00 am     #

Mugsy's has all you can eat ribs for $15.

posted by smbfc on Feb 17, 2014 at 06:42:14 am     #