Motion to Vacate form for Lucas County?

I've searched online for examples and looked at the forms available for purchase on the Toledo Legal News website, and I cannot find a Motion to Vacate form. I also called the Clerk of Courts office, and they were no help.

Can someone here point me in the right direction for this form or tell me if this is something I need to write up myself?

I'm starting to think I should just find an attorney to handle this for me. LOL!

created by gamegrrl on Mar 08, 2014 at 02:13:44 pm
updated by gamegrrl on Mar 08, 2014 at 03:17:49 pm
    Comments: 9

Vacate what?

posted by JohnnyMac on Mar 08, 2014 at 03:29:28 pm     #

A Motion to Vacate is a request to the court to withdraw a previous order or judgment it entered. It has to be based on one of the specific reasons set forth in Civil Rule 60.

I figure anyone who can help will understand what this is.

posted by gamegrrl on Mar 08, 2014 at 03:44:35 pm     #

He's an attorney. I think he may have been wondering as to the nature of the order or judgement in question.

posted by justread on Mar 08, 2014 at 04:12:20 pm     #

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Ok then. Sorry for any crankiness on my part, JohnnyMac.

In a nutshell, I have a satisfied judgment on my credit report. Very small amount ~$300, and I paid it the moment I was aware of it. Lots more to it, but that's the basic info.

It's the ONLY negative thing on any of my credit reports, and I want it to go away. It's my understanding that according to Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure, the fact that this judgment is now paid is a valid reason to petition the court to vacate this judgment.

posted by gamegrrl on Mar 08, 2014 at 04:28:15 pm     #

I, however, can't even SPELL judgment. :D

posted by justread on Mar 08, 2014 at 05:40:53 pm     #

chuckle Well, if it's any consolation, I always have to stop and think about that pesky 'e'.

posted by gamegrrl on Mar 08, 2014 at 05:48:22 pm     #

I stay away from civil practice, but I would think a simple two sentence pleading would probably get you to where you want to go.

posted by JohnnyMac on Mar 08, 2014 at 05:55:20 pm     #

Thanks, JohnnyMac.

posted by gamegrrl on Mar 08, 2014 at 06:11:38 pm     #

JohnnyMac posted at 04:55:20 PM on Mar 08, 2014:

This from a man who routinely writes a 1500 page document and calls it a brief.

posted by madjack on Mar 08, 2014 at 06:31:04 pm     #   3 people liked this