What's Going On At GLOW

I don't know anyone over at GLOW - Anyone else?

created by Molsonator on Mar 11, 2014 at 09:52:01 am     Comments: 20

Seeing as the sell "tobacco pipes, sex toys, and other alternative lifestyles" products, that might lead to it.

posted by waughkev on Mar 11, 2014 at 10:22:08 am     #

Did some work out there back in the day, do not want to speculate but it cannot be good

posted by Hoops on Mar 11, 2014 at 10:23:17 am     #

Yeah I have several friends who work/worked for the company. Not good indeed.

posted by stooks on Mar 11, 2014 at 10:24:08 am     #

Seems if your going to deal in those items - you have legal help to make sure everything is on the up and up (as my German Grandfather would say).

posted by Molsonator on Mar 11, 2014 at 10:29:19 am     #

Someone at 13ABC was having waaaay too much fun with this caption; no way was this coincidental:

posted by historymike on Mar 11, 2014 at 11:09:55 am     #   6 people liked this

chuckle

posted by gamegrrl on Mar 11, 2014 at 12:49:06 pm     #

"Agents with BCI, the Drug Enforcement Agency, Perrysburg Police, the Wood County Sheriff's Office, the Wood County Prosecutor's Office and the Ohio Pharmacy Board participated in the search."

All they got was false bottom cans that have trademark rights? What the hell was the Pharm Board doing there? What a waste of money.

posted by Molsonator on Mar 11, 2014 at 12:51:17 pm     #   2 people liked this

You can buy those can safes all over the place: Target, Amazon... I think they were using that as an excuse, with hopes of finding "other stuff" once they got inside. And, of course, they found nothing of interest. So lame.

posted by gamegrrl on Mar 11, 2014 at 01:16:26 pm     #   1 person liked this

I'm hearing rumors of synthetic marijuana.....but it's just pure speculation...

posted by MattL on Mar 11, 2014 at 01:28:12 pm     #

Based on the prevailing winds of change, this stuff is all likely to be legal in a year or two...can't we spend taxpayers money a bit more wisely...perhaps stop some actual criminal activities or such!?!?

posted by breeman on Mar 11, 2014 at 02:26:22 pm     #   3 people liked this

When I saw that headline, I thought we were talking about GLOW: the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling!

posted by Ace_Face on Mar 11, 2014 at 04:21:39 pm     #   3 people liked this

i did too! such disappointment!

posted by upso on Mar 11, 2014 at 04:25:36 pm     #

I think I danced with the young Lady under the "LO" in the upper right at Transitions in the 80's. Well at least she had the same "Purple Rain" look....

posted by Molsonator on Mar 11, 2014 at 04:28:22 pm     #

posted by Molsonator on Mar 11, 2014 at 04:30:16 pm     #

The one wearing the red shirt?

posted by MIJeff on Mar 11, 2014 at 07:00:34 pm     #

Heh heh. The news article says they manufacture "glass sex toys." Wouldn't glass be about the WORST material to use for sex toys, or have procedures changed dramatically in the past few years unbeknownst to me?

posted by viola on Mar 11, 2014 at 07:05:12 pm     #

Google it. :)

posted by justread on Mar 11, 2014 at 07:24:25 pm     #   2 people liked this

Nice jeff.

posted by Molsonator on Mar 11, 2014 at 07:48:26 pm     #

Ace_Face posted at 04:21:39 PM on Mar 11, 2014:

Yet another item that needs explanation to the millennials...

YouTube (Mashable): Kevin Bacon Explains the '80s to Millennials

posted by oldhometown on Mar 11, 2014 at 08:06:21 pm     #

"Founded by Dave and Jason Glowacki in 1978."

(When Jason was 7?)