Here We go! 2014 Election Robocalls Have Begun

I can't believe it started already!

Answered the phone yesterday to hear a robo call from Sherrod Brown in support of the Democrat Candidate for Governor.

Any idea how to stop these? I DO NOT want to get barraged with calls like we did two years ago from what seemed every politician on the Earth.

We are on the Federal Do Not Call List but if I remember right political calls are exempt (is that correct?)

created by shamrock44 on May 14, 2014 at 09:17:40 am     Comments: 6

There is no stopping them: http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2006/11/08/political-campaigns-and-the-do-not-call-registry.htm

Can't wait for an answering machine full of messages.

posted by webrioter on May 14, 2014 at 09:24:36 am     #

Wonder if the telezapper works on them.

posted by MIJeff on May 14, 2014 at 09:44:21 am     #

Nothing stops these bastards. I recently removed the $2.75/month option from my Buckeye VIP service that blocked ANONYMOUS and PRIVATE calls. The politicians and the hucksters have found technology that doesn't even trigger your Caller ID. I used to answer then disconnect the call. Now I find various ways to mess with them such as invoking my best senior citizen voice and pretending to be hearing impaired.

posted by Foodie on May 14, 2014 at 10:56:22 am     #

I just don't answer any calls to my land line which I do not immediately recognize from the CallerID....which is limited to about 4 numbers. Everything else goes to voicemail...if it's important they'll leave a message, if it's someone that knows me (which is really the only people I want to talk to anyway) they know to call my mobile.

posted by breeman on May 14, 2014 at 11:50:28 am     #

The only thing that will stop them is voting - once the BoE has recorded that you voted, that information is recorded in the parties' databases and calls stop. Unfortunately, that means you will get them until early voting starts in October.

posted by MrsArcher on May 14, 2014 at 01:53:58 pm     #

I love these calls, they are a great outlet for my frustrations. I've faked crimes scenes in the background, made up fake languages, put on my tin foil hat and ranted about random conspiracy theories involving lizard men, and more.

Sadly, the robo calls kill the fun of it. Give me the live suckers.

posted by OhioKimono on May 15, 2014 at 03:29:01 pm     #   1 person liked this