Chucks on Monroe st.

I seen they lost the battle in selling liquor for a while!

created by Emeritus on May 14, 2014 at 09:26:46 pm     Comments: 11

what?

posted by upso on May 14, 2014 at 09:28:52 pm     #

They just lost their license as a result of the fatal early Christmas morning crash a couple of years ago. Allegedly, Adam Tunison was served 17 drinks in 3 hours at Chuck's.
Juan Garcia, Jr. was killed. On his way home from midnight mass if I recall correctly.

posted by justread on May 14, 2014 at 09:38:19 pm     #

First Arnie's goes down, and now Chuck's. The West side has lost two of its best bars. I see sort of a funnel effect happening for the remaining bars. I'm sure Fusion, Rocky's, Six Pack, Bar 145, Burger Bar 419, Bier Stube, and to a lesser extent Westside Bistro are not complaining. Maybe even that Players Club and the 19th Hole will see some residuals.

posted by mixman on May 14, 2014 at 11:11:30 pm     #

Is Chuck's - still Chuck Casis' place or am I way off on my Monroe Street Bars?

posted by Molsonator on May 15, 2014 at 07:58:32 am     #

Best Bars?
Chucks has changed. I feel bad for the staff but that place was littered with douche bags. Bros and hoes. Fights every other night....

posted by stooks on May 15, 2014 at 08:28:58 am     #   3 people liked this

It ain't no Hungry I.

posted by justread on May 15, 2014 at 09:09:14 am     #

Chuck Cassis sold it to someone whose name is not Chuck, but who kept the name anyway.

posted by Anniecski on May 15, 2014 at 09:19:41 am     #

Name me a West side bar with a better patio and nicer restrooms. The inside bar area was also cool with the led lighting. Chuck's crowd may have been hit or miss, but at least the owner updated the place - which is more than I can say for 70% of Toledo area bars.

posted by mixman on May 15, 2014 at 06:08:57 pm     #

You can do a lot of updating at 17 drinks per customer per visit, I suppose.

posted by justread on May 15, 2014 at 06:19:31 pm     #   4 people liked this

Was the bartender (or bartenders) who served so many drinks to the guy who got in the accident criminally charged like the clerk at Fox's was? Or if his friends bought him all the drinks, were they charged?

posted by Mike21 on May 15, 2014 at 06:19:47 pm     #   3 people liked this

Very good question Mike21^^^. . Sounds like they should aye??

posted by Emeritus on May 15, 2014 at 08:06:40 pm     #   1 person liked this