Dog on the Roof

Yep that's what I said. It's running in and out of the window. I started out calling 911 at 9am of course they can't help but she did tell me to call the dog warden and gave me the #. I call and was told they would send someone out. Dog still there. I call back and talk to some snippy women and they can't help either. I call the Humane Society and leave a message cause nobody wants you to talk to them anymore. Don't know what they will do if anything.

created by SherryET on Jun 18, 2014 at 03:54:52 pm     Pets     Comments: 24

wait... what roof? how high up?

posted by upso on Jun 18, 2014 at 03:56:09 pm     #

Porch roof. Huge pit bull type dog. Don't know if anyone lives there anymore.

posted by SherryET on Jun 18, 2014 at 04:01:23 pm     #

Those poor people are going to think the dog disappeared.

posted by justread on Jun 18, 2014 at 04:02:59 pm     #   6 people liked this

Great idea. Where are those suspicious trucks?

posted by SherryET on Jun 18, 2014 at 04:07:30 pm     #   3 people liked this

If no one lives there anymore, poor thing was probably trying to cool off outside or maybe find food/water.

How sad.

posted by mom2 on Jun 18, 2014 at 04:10:53 pm     #

Know anyone with a ladder? If the dog is too big, maybe you can at least put a big bowl of water up there, or perhaps go through the house and free him via the front door (if, of course, this is indeed a vacant house).

If someone lives there, perhaps your friend with a ladder can close the window.

posted by historymike on Jun 18, 2014 at 04:19:21 pm     #

What pisses me off is the women from the dog warden I talked to this morning said someone would be sent out. I wait all day only to call back and be told by another women that they could do nothing about it. Oh and she made sure to let me know that she wasn't there at 9:00 this morning cause if she had been I would have never been told that.

posted by SherryET on Jun 18, 2014 at 04:19:38 pm     #

posted by SherryET on Jun 18, 2014 at 04:49:02 pm     #

I'm no veterinarian, but I think that might be a boy.

posted by justread on Jun 18, 2014 at 05:57:59 pm     #   3 people liked this

Try calling him.
Let's see... pit bull names....

Gotti, Gucci, Brutus, Killer, Zeus, Capone, Diesel, Chuck Liddell, Sandy Isenberg....

posted by justread on Jun 18, 2014 at 06:03:05 pm     #   4 people liked this

Any update? Perhaps try to call Lucas County Pit Crew? http://www.lucascountypitcrew.com/
Pits overheat rather easily; hope the big guy has a water source and a cool place to sleep.

posted by Progress22 on Jun 18, 2014 at 09:37:06 pm     #

Someone may have been there it seems like the window is closed now and I haven't seen the dog for a while. I think they moved out and are using the house as a kennel. Don't know.

posted by SherryET on Jun 19, 2014 at 12:46:38 am     #

I blame The Drifters for giving the dog the idea:

posted by historymike on Jun 19, 2014 at 09:44:40 am     #

I'm no veterinarian, but I think that monster is a Chupacabra. It probably ate its owners.

posted by jr on Jun 19, 2014 at 10:10:24 am     #   1 person liked this

SherryET posted at 12:46:38 AM on Jun 19, 2014:

um, or a training center. either way, authorities need to get involved, what the heck?

posted by nana on Jun 19, 2014 at 10:41:17 am     #   1 person liked this

The police, the dog warden, the Humane Society -- if none of these three agencies can address a bizarre, possibly dangerous and likely case of dog neglect, who can? How frustrating to not be able to get help from ANYONE when you're just trying to do the right thing! Sorry, SherryET.

posted by jmleong on Jun 19, 2014 at 12:03:44 pm     #

well duh.......he's been saying "roof roof roof" for years now.

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Jun 19, 2014 at 12:15:29 pm     #   1 person liked this

I wasn't going to make this personal but what the hell have I got to lose. This is the house next door to me. The house I grew up in for 17 yrs. of my life and have lived next door to for 29 yrs.

The dog was just the icing on the cake.

My husband poured bleach over the fence into the green standing water hoping to stop mosquitos. Numerous calls to the city but what for. I haven't called the landlord yet but in the past she has been a real bitch. FYI she was #1 on Carty's slumlord list.

posted by SherryET on Jun 19, 2014 at 12:26:53 pm     #

Are they behind on taxes? If so they should just take ownership of the property, sell it for cost of the taxes.

posted by MIJeff on Jun 19, 2014 at 01:06:15 pm     #

What is that giant blue thing on your kitchen counter? I see the green fish pond in the back yard along with all the weeds, yep thats blight.

posted by MIJeff on Jun 19, 2014 at 01:10:47 pm     #

MIJeff posted at 01:06:15 PM on Jun 19, 2014:

They have $419 and some change unpaid from the first half on that particular property. (With the dog on the roof.)

posted by justread on Jun 19, 2014 at 01:56:07 pm     #

Caught guy over there last night in the backyard removing some more toys, junk toys. He said he moved out 2 weeks ago. he said he took the dog out and he was coming back to clean up the back yard. We'll see.

posted by SherryET on Jun 20, 2014 at 07:28:51 am     #

historymike posted at 04:19:21 PM on Jun 18, 2014:

If someone lives there, perhaps your friend with a ladder can close the window.

My husband is a window washer he has plenty of ladders, :) But I'm not so sure I would have gone near that dog.

posted by SherryET on Jun 20, 2014 at 07:32:37 am     #