Pre Willie concert spot suggestions

What's the name of the former Lighthouse? Does that get a decent pre-concert crowd nowadays? I know they had some problems a year or so ago with a shooting....but I was there pre-Santana concert a couple of years back and it had a nice, fun crowd. Any other suggestions for that end of town for late this Friday afternoon?

created by BulldogBuckeye on Jul 16, 2014 at 02:51:30 pm     Comments: 14

I'll be honest.. I don't think anything is in the former Lighthouse anymore. I've been by a few times while out on the river and saw no activity there at all.

posted by wahhutch9 on Jul 16, 2014 at 03:43:23 pm     #

Crying shame, as that is a fantastic property with a wonderful view.

posted by upso on Jul 16, 2014 at 03:49:07 pm     #   1 person liked this

It's dead. Was just thinking about it this morning as I rode by it on way into work - might be a great spot if done properly. A high-end restaurant with views like that? I'd go.

posted by endcycle on Jul 16, 2014 at 04:10:10 pm     #

I mean, that's what it was when it first opened, and it was great!

posted by upso on Jul 16, 2014 at 04:16:06 pm     #

Pretty sure Light House is open again. Rember seeing a grand opening notice on Facebook recently.

posted by TrilbyGuy on Jul 16, 2014 at 04:34:54 pm     #

I heard bad things about the place their now. A friend went before a concert and said it was awful.

posted by Molsonator on Jul 16, 2014 at 04:39:10 pm     #

saw willie open for dylan a few years back and was really in awe of how good he and his sprawling band were. this time around i would highly recommend NOT missing the opening act at the zoo. jason isbell formerly of drive by truckers is terrific and won the grammy for best americana album this year.... we been skipping the local bars and just going to the zoo's cafe and drinking margs

posted by enjoyeverysandwich on Jul 16, 2014 at 09:44:08 pm     #   2 people liked this

Lighthouse re-opened about a month ago and Andrew Zepeda is promoting it like crazy....enter at your own risk

posted by Hoops on Jul 17, 2014 at 08:28:43 am     #

I know what you guys are talking about (shadyness)....but it might not be bad to go to for some beers from 4:30-6:30 on a Friday, no? Im counting on it to be a least ok for that. As commented above....that is a great setting. Probably the best in Toledo....sitting on that deck outside, overlooking a nice part of the river, having a few cold ones.......that place could be a gold mine again, IMO. Just takes a bit of common sense.

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Jul 17, 2014 at 08:35:59 am     #

I've driven past that place for decades, it changes hands so often. It doesn't ever seem like it can stay open for long.

posted by OhioKimono on Jul 17, 2014 at 08:49:47 am     #

Oh hell no...I mean yes. I've been so busy I didn't even notice that Jason Isbell is the opener. He is one of my favorites.
Looks to be sold out. Plus I'd never get back to T-town from my A2 office in time. Bummer.

posted by SavageFred on Jul 18, 2014 at 01:58:59 pm     #

PS the Lighthouse was great when it was Frank Unkle's.

posted by SavageFred on Jul 18, 2014 at 02:07:20 pm     #

Frank Unkle's was the best.

posted by upso on Jul 18, 2014 at 02:53:07 pm     #   2 people liked this