All Saints Festival in Rossford July 25 and 26

I know many of you appreciate a good old school festival in a clean and safe environment....well....they still do it that way in Rossford. Polka music, pierogies, kielbasa, cabbage rolls (hauwupshi), cold beer......good stuff. Some traditional rock and roll cover bands plus non-ethnic foods too (tacos are outstanding). Tons of kids stuff, including games and carnival type rides. Located just off Buck Road exit, turn right onto Lime City Rd. Remote parking (with shuttles) at union halls and Interstate Lanes on right. But its walking distance to the festival grounds.

created by BulldogBuckeye on Jul 21, 2014 at 11:07:00 am     Comments: 18

any testimonials and reviews from past visitors appreicated here.......good or bad.

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Jul 21, 2014 at 11:08:02 am     #

Never miss it - its a great little festival. I find the pierogi at this festival better than those at the Lagrange St. festival - and the cabbage rolls aren't too bad either.

My only complaint is the only beer they offer is Miller - of which I am not a fan.

posted by Foodie on Jul 21, 2014 at 12:01:20 pm     #

One of the remaining "good" parish festivals. I agree on the beer choice noted by Foodie.

posted by Hoops on Jul 21, 2014 at 12:02:30 pm     #

I have friends and family that have been involved with this festival over the years in some manner. Several years or so ago they made the decision to go back to hand made pierogi, as there were many complaints about the pre-made ones they were using . They had the few remaining elderly ladies with the right skills teach the youth group how to fold and seal them properly. They're delicious and it's a great story about a community working to pass tradition from one generation to another.

posted by brainswell on Jul 21, 2014 at 12:13:53 pm     #

That is good to know brainswell. I do recall one or two years thinking the pierogi were not as good as we had come to expect.

Now I know why.

posted by Foodie on Jul 21, 2014 at 12:45:48 pm     #

Funny, the beer selection (Miller) has been the biggest complaint, consistently, over the years. I agree.

I was unaware of any "pre-made" (if you mean frozen or packaged) pierogies.....ever. They've always been pre-made, but by hand, and they still do it that way.

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Jul 21, 2014 at 01:27:26 pm     #

They were from Kowalski's in Hamtramck and were used for a couple years in the early 2000's. They are pretty good in their own right (and claim to be handmade), but don't compare to what they were serving currently or before then.

posted by brainswell on Jul 21, 2014 at 01:43:24 pm     #

My Busha was one of the older generation that helped teach the younger ones. I can remember going to the church to help all the ladies make the pierogies when I was little. My Uncle always used to work the beer booth.

My old Music teacher's band Tru Brew will be playing Sat night, so I might go up for a bit to listen and get some food.

posted by lfrost2125 on Jul 21, 2014 at 06:55:47 pm     #   1 person liked this

Bump

posted by Foodie on Jul 25, 2014 at 08:27:36 am     #   1 person liked this

plus non-ethnic foods too (tacos are outstanding)

Since when are tacos "non-ethnic?"

posted by Anniecski on Jul 25, 2014 at 09:29:13 am     #   1 person liked this

hahahha...good catch. I meant non-Polish/Eastern European

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Jul 25, 2014 at 02:58:04 pm     #

.....but then again......MIJeef brings home a good point.

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Jul 25, 2014 at 02:59:00 pm     #

Anniecski posted at 09:29:13 AM on Jul 25, 2014:

plus non-ethnic foods too (tacos are outstanding)

Since when are tacos "non-ethnic?"

Since Taco Bell opened.

posted by justread on Jul 25, 2014 at 03:40:51 pm     #   2 people liked this

Patiently waited in line with beer in hand for pierogis (covered in butter and onion) and pigs in the blanket tonight. Well worth it.

posted by OneMoreBourbon on Jul 25, 2014 at 10:17:04 pm     #

Never been! is there a website listing the offerings? I have to admit that Rossford is massively off our radar!

posted by upso on Jul 25, 2014 at 11:27:50 pm     #

Upso, it's on a link on calendar here.

posted by OneMoreBourbon on Jul 26, 2014 at 12:08:49 am     #   1 person liked this

if you had the tacos.....they were non ethnic. The move to a crispy/flakey flour tortilla (as opposed to a freshly fried corn tortialla) was a move that only a white person would make. :>)

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Jul 28, 2014 at 10:24:05 am     #