Packo's at the Park moving?

Did I miss this news? I heard that Packo's at the Park is closed until the Fall because they are re-locating. This is news to me... or does my source have it wrong?

created by dell_diva on Aug 04, 2014 at 07:42:16 pm     Comments: 15

I heard that a new Mexican Restaurant called Packo Bell is moving in.

posted by shamrock44 on Aug 04, 2014 at 07:49:04 pm     #   2 people liked this

lol, shamrock, you suck. :D

posted by nana on Aug 04, 2014 at 07:52:04 pm     #

My family ate there on the way to a Mud Hens game in June, and some of us got violently ill.

The usher wasn't a bit surprised to hear where we ate before the game. Said we weren't the first family he saw that happen to, and that he won't eat at Packos at the Park anymore.

That was enough to scare me off that location.

posted by mom2 on Aug 04, 2014 at 07:52:25 pm     #

That was enough to scare me off that location.

posted by mom2 on Aug 04, 2014 at 07:52:26 pm     #

I have had a few business lunches there this summer. The last I think was end of June. Food was excellent.

posted by Molsonator on Aug 04, 2014 at 08:10:36 pm     #

It was open on Friday... You'd think something like that would make it into the Blade. Might want to check your sources on that one.

posted by hunkytownsausage on Aug 04, 2014 at 08:39:27 pm     #

A 10 second call confirm they are open. Google, it's a wonderful thing.

The location that might be closed for a couple of months is the Eastside location that had issues with a semi truck parking inside the dinning room last week.

posted by SensorG on Aug 04, 2014 at 08:59:41 pm     #   1 person liked this

A 10 second call confirm they are open. Google, it's a wonderful thing.

posted by SensorG on Aug 04, 2014 at 08:59:50 pm     #   1 person liked this

That is very odd. My acquaintance went there for dinner a few hours ago. Found the place to be closed, went elsewhere and when he inquired about it at the place he ended up they told him that they were closed until Fall due to relocation. I'm not confusing it with the original Tony Packo's, he knew about the fatal accident and specifically chose the downtown location.

Either way, glad to hear they're still open.

posted by dell_diva on Aug 04, 2014 at 09:34:45 pm     #

Wonder if it was closed because of the water issue and another proprietor took advantage of the situation to diss them?

posted by Molsonator on Aug 04, 2014 at 09:40:36 pm     #

Tying this all together with a previous thread, this should help to clear up some of the chatter.

Swan Creek Candle sold their retail shop to Packo's, who liked the corner spot and the access to additional parking, plus patio possibilities. I don't know if they're moving the entire operation next door, or expanding into it, or what their plans will be, but that's what's going on there.

Swan Creek Candle's headquarters has always been down on Superior Street, near the Erie Street Market. That's where they're in the process of moving their retail outlet to.

posted by Johio83 on Aug 05, 2014 at 08:53:46 am     #

That's strange they are closed during the busy time of the year and didn't wait until baseball season was over with.

posted by jamesteroh on Aug 06, 2014 at 01:11:15 pm     #

Summer is the busy season for specialty candle shopping?
Do many baseball stadiums have candle stores around them?

posted by justread on Aug 06, 2014 at 01:27:54 pm     #   2 people liked this

baseball fans do love to wax poetic...

posted by enjoyeverysandwich on Aug 06, 2014 at 02:01:10 pm     #   3 people liked this

Swan Creek has the best candles.
They are moving down the street to their internet store I believe.

posted by stooks on Aug 06, 2014 at 03:15:21 pm     #