TPD only responding to injury accidents under Phase Two

TPD only responding to injury accidents under Phase Two

From WTOL

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -
BREAKING: The Toledo Police Department is currently operating in Phase Two for automobiles only.

This means if you have been in an accident and are not injured, police will likely not be able to respond.

If you are in an accident and your car is driveable, police are asking that you exchange information.

Police dispatch was not able to comment on what has prompted the entry into Phase Two.

We'll bring you more information on this breaking news story as it becomes available.

That was at 8:30am. Any ideas on what promted it?

created by savah1128 on Aug 05, 2014 at 09:47:54 am     Comments: 9

I heard something with the phone lines at the dispatch center....but not 100% sure.

posted by stooks on Aug 05, 2014 at 10:22:20 am     #

All the Mexican restaurants re-opened yesterday and this morning there was a collective "flush" that overwhelmed the system?

posted by Foodie on Aug 05, 2014 at 10:25:53 am     #

I don't get how this got people so worked up today. I don't know the precise reason, but Phase 2 is not uncommon.
If it turns out to be something important, I promise I will let everyone know. :)

posted by jr on Aug 05, 2014 at 10:30:06 am     #

https://twitter.com/ToledoPolice - nothing posted, so maybe it's no big deal, or wait for Taylor to update.

posted by jr on Aug 05, 2014 at 10:38:44 am     #

I think residents are just hyper-aware of every little thing right now due to the recent water situation. I suspect there will be lots of new mountains crafted from molehills in the days to come.

posted by gamegrrl on Aug 05, 2014 at 10:41:27 am     #

Absolutely

posted by upso on Aug 05, 2014 at 10:46:21 am     #

I was more curious than anything.

posted by savah1128 on Aug 05, 2014 at 10:49:06 am     #

Foodie posted at 10:25:53 AM on Aug 05, 2014:

Plus they will send out a breaking-news alert if someone farts loud enough. It's remarkable.

posted by jr on Aug 05, 2014 at 10:49:19 am     #

2:10 p.m. Taylor Dungjen tweet :

Re: TPD "Phase 2" this morning. It was very brief. Nothing bad happened. It's meant to prioritize calls when necessary. Phase2 happens.

posted by jr on Aug 05, 2014 at 02:14:27 pm     #