Does recycling pick up every week in Toledo?

Forgive me for the silly question. I don't live in Toledo, but I'm supposed to take care of a family member's bins today.

The garbage bin was emptied this morning, but the recycling bin is still full.

I just noticed that none of the other houses on the street have recycling bins out, and it occurred to me that maybe recycling is every other week? (I see the R1 and R2 on the calendar on alternating Tuesdays.)

I just don't want to have to make another trip between Sylvania and Point Place to bring in the recycling bin. If the truck won't be coming, I'll just bring it in now.

Thanks!

created by mom2 on Aug 06, 2014 at 02:21:43 pm     Comments: 7

Trash every week, recycling every other

posted by Johio83 on Aug 06, 2014 at 02:22:44 pm     #

Thanks for the quick response!

I've been lounging around the Point waiting for the truck. Now I just need to figure out if this is their recycling week or not, then I can go home. :)

posted by mom2 on Aug 06, 2014 at 02:25:12 pm     #

Here is a link to the Republic Services 2014 trash and recycling calendar for Toledo, mom 2.

posted by historymike on Aug 06, 2014 at 02:37:55 pm     #

Waited around for nothing, no recycling today.

On the bright side, it allowed me to procrastinate my household drudgery.

posted by mom2 on Aug 06, 2014 at 02:38:17 pm     #

Spy on the neighbors?

posted by MIJeff on Aug 06, 2014 at 02:40:25 pm     #

I should have thought of that!

(BTW, they moved here fairly recently and this was their first week putting out recycling, so that's probably why they didn't know their own schedule.)

posted by mom2 on Aug 06, 2014 at 02:47:39 pm     #

mom2: They can take their recycling over to the local Kroger on Suder. Lots of recycle dumpsters on the north side of the building.

posted by Foodie on Aug 06, 2014 at 04:25:09 pm     #