OK TT'ers- Veritas Cork and Craft is getting ready to open. Next week should be their "whisper" opening. I gave their wine 101 training last night and this place is going to be sweeeeeet! I have no skin in the game, just one of my good friends is one of the owners and I want them to have great success. Here is the pertinent info-
- 505 Jefferson Street
- Hours-M-Sat Retail opens at 11, lounge opens at 4. No end times scheduled yet, but it will probably be around 10 on weekdays and later on the weekends. Probably as long as business is rolling, they'll be open.
- They have some light apps, and the food will evolve. They have a talented young guy in the kitchen, that definitely "gets it". He's putting out a killer assortment of charcuterie and cheeses. All wine and beer friendly stuff.
- Upon opening-all draft beers are from Ohio, and it's a murderer's row of the best breweries in Ohio.
- Phenomenal wine program-full retail at state min prices, eclectic selection, and the benefit of being in the wine bar is, the entire wine selection is available for consumption on premise for an additional $10 over retail. This a great concept and will get you wine for about half what most restaurants would charge.-The wine buyer and partner was the buyer at Anderson's Maumee for several years, and is one of the most knowledgeable beer and wine guys in the city-
- Cocktails will be excellent, they've hired a veteran bartender with mad skills.
- The room is gorgeous-Very well laid out, lots of cool reclaimed wood throughout. It's an excellent companion to the already excellent and successful Registry Bistro across the street.
- Here's their FB page https://www.facebook.com/veritastoledo
- Go support these hometown boys putting something really cool right in the heart of downtown.