Blueprints for Old Building

I am thinking about buying a building built in the 1890's. Wondering if there is a public way to find the blueprints. The building is located in Lucas County.

created by Molsonator on Sep 04, 2014 at 10:58:37 am     Comments: 7

i couldn't find anything searching, look slike your gonna have to look for the specific building, I didn't see anything in general about blue prints or floor plans for buildings in Toledo or Lucas county. Care to share the name of the building and address?

posted by MIJeff on Sep 04, 2014 at 01:23:06 pm     #

Sorry can't. This has to be under the radar.

I was hoping to get all the info I can before I start the process.
I would hate to go into the building under false pretense though. That's not my style.

posted by Molsonator on Sep 04, 2014 at 02:21:30 pm     #

I don't know that we've ever had any success tracking down blueprints to buildings. The blueprints we've been lucky enough to possess came along with the buildings. And for a building that old, a blue print would be very helpful. They've come in handy when the city tries to tell us certain things that we know not to be true. Best of luck to you in your search, and the future project!

posted by Johio83 on Sep 04, 2014 at 02:32:23 pm     #

And if it's the Pythian Castle, I'll gladly contribute $15 to your renovation efforts!

posted by Johio83 on Sep 04, 2014 at 02:52:56 pm     #

go thru the transfer cards on the auditors site.... check for a larger than normal increase in value that might correspond with a rehab... the architecture firm or previous owner might have kept drawings.
with a prominent building the original architect is easy to find and architects keep extensive records.

the local history department of the library might have a repository of old drawings.... they sure would be happy to hold those if they were made available.

the city might even have permit drawings going back some time ... bet they have complicated rules on sharing that info

posted by enjoyeverysandwich on Sep 04, 2014 at 04:59:23 pm     #

Thanks. Good stuff.

posted by Molsonator on Sep 04, 2014 at 05:16:18 pm     #

Not blue prints, but BGSU's Library has the old Fire insurance maps on file, they can be very helpful and informative.

posted by In_vin_veritas on Sep 04, 2014 at 06:57:51 pm     #   1 person liked this