Construction work continues on Fiberglas Tower (now Tower on the Maumee)

created by ckbeats21 on Jan 12, 2017 at 11:19:15 am     Comments: 18

Imagine how cool it would be to work and live in the same building.

posted by Foodie on Jan 12, 2017 at 11:51:35 am     #   1 person liked this

And go the gym on the first floor. You'd never have to leave.

posted by MaryCooksalot on Jan 12, 2017 at 12:43:10 pm     #

Cool? That's a CEO's dream: a workforce that never leaves.

posted by westsidebob on Jan 12, 2017 at 01:53:42 pm     #

Now if only there was a grocery store downtown... 🤔

posted by upso on Jan 12, 2017 at 02:08:37 pm     #

westsidebob posted at 01:53:42 PM on Jan 12, 2017:

Cool? That's a CEO's dream: a workforce that never leaves.

Never been the dream of any CEO I've ever worked for.

posted by Foodie on Jan 12, 2017 at 02:30:51 pm     #

upso posted at 02:08:37 PM on Jan 12, 2017:

Now if only there was a grocery store downtown... 🤔

You know, I hear that conversation all the time.

1: Market on the Green - https://www.facebook.com/ProMedicaMarketOnTheGreen/ - that's uptown, I know, but come on. Splitting hairs.

2: San Marcos grocery store - http://sanmarcostaquieria.com/ - pretty much downtown. Just a touch south, I guess. Easy bike ride from most of DT, easy walk from WHD.

Both of them are pretty great for the size, and certainly beat the daylights out of many "city" grocery stores / bodegas you can find in NYC.

posted by endcycle on Jan 12, 2017 at 02:32:25 pm     #

I live and work right by the TOTM and they were out working on the windows when it was so cold and windy! Made my hands sweat looking up. lol

posted by stooks on Jan 12, 2017 at 02:39:45 pm     #

Foodie posted at 11:51:35 AM on Jan 12, 2017:

Imagine how cool it would be to work and live in the same building.

Kind of like working from home. Exercise machine in the basement. Full kitchen. Booze handy.

posted by jr on Jan 12, 2017 at 02:51:42 pm     #   1 person liked this

Foodie posted at 11:51:35 AM on Jan 12, 2017:
Imagine how cool it would be to work and live in the same building.

I do that. May not leave the house for several days.

posted by Trilby on Jan 12, 2017 at 03:49:37 pm     #   1 person liked this

I work from home. When it's bitter cold out, I could easily go for days without leaving the house. Unless I happen to have an evening or weekend social obligation.

I tend to get out in summer anyhow, because I have more activities when it's nice out. But in the dead of winter? I could probably last many days avoiding the cold.

posted by mom2 on Jan 12, 2017 at 05:22:51 pm     #

UPDATE:

posted by ckbeats21 on Jan 25, 2017 at 08:59:53 pm     #

Floor plans:

posted by stooks on Jan 26, 2017 at 08:36:45 am     #

thanks stooks... i was looking forward to seeing those. that "k" model is quite the pad !! good on eyde for the project and nice website.

posted by enjoyeverysandwich on Jan 26, 2017 at 08:53:17 am     #

Whooooah. Any word / rumours on pricing?

posted by endcycle on Jan 26, 2017 at 10:11:10 am     #

I am surprised by all of the two bed, two bath models. I wonder what demographic they are aiming for? I suspect these are units are going to be on the higher end of things...

...just imagine what a shift in vibe Downtown will experience if they are able to fill this place up!

posted by upso on Jan 26, 2017 at 10:28:08 am     #

There'll be a vibe shift alright - enough to cause a small earthquake. I looked at the 'K' model, but I'm experiencing a cash flow problem just now, and besides it needs a balcony.

Still and all, these are impressive digs.

posted by madjack on Jan 26, 2017 at 05:32:10 pm     #

@endcycle I will check to see if they know pricing yet when I get home from work.

posted by stooks on Jan 27, 2017 at 11:21:01 am     #

I'd almost give up my suburban lifestyle for a "K" floor plan...but I'd need a spot on the roof for a grill.

posted by breeman on Jan 27, 2017 at 01:41:25 pm     #