New Fresh Seafood Market on Reynolds

Am I dreaming (or just getting old) about a new fresh seafood market on Reynolds Rd? I could swear I read about it either here or a supplied link to an article in the Blah but searching the "Internets" doesn't give me any results.

created by Foodie on Jan 26, 2017 at 11:51:47 am     Food     Comments: 8

I saw one at Reynolds and Hill the other day. I'm rarely over there so I'm not sure how new that is.

posted by OneMoreBourbon on Jan 26, 2017 at 11:54:08 am     #

"Chicken and Shrimp" does not imply fresh seafood.

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Jan 26, 2017 at 12:45:34 pm     #

I looked the place up on google. It is not what I expected, fish and shellfish by the pound and they will steam it or broil it for you. No mention of fried and they dont even sell a "corn" beef sandwich.

posted by jhop on Jan 30, 2017 at 08:22:57 am     #

I'm willing to bet it all comes in frozen.

posted by upso on Jan 30, 2017 at 11:37:17 am     #

The name "Crab Island" sounds familiar from what little I recall when I heard about a "new seafood market" in Toledo. But, this is hardly what I'd call a fresh seafood market.

I'd completely agree with upso's comment above.

posted by Foodie on Jan 30, 2017 at 04:21:11 pm     #

Google Fu has the owner as a Chicago area gentleman who branched out last summer. Upso, you ever hear of Shark Seafood or any similar sounding names in Chicagoland?

posted by justread on Jan 30, 2017 at 06:21:54 pm     #

There are a bunch of Shark Seafood spots around Chicago. Mostly deep fried and low quality. Nice to see he's bringing his healthier steamed options to Toledo. ;)

posted by upso on Jan 30, 2017 at 08:02:12 pm     #