Local place to find good pierogi?

I have a taste for some authentic pierogi, and I don't feel like making it myself tonight. Is there a local place that serves it?

Thanks

created by mennell on Mar 03, 2017 at 02:42:48 pm     Food     Comments: 9

Last place I knew were you could get Polish food in the area was Busia's Narozny which I noticed the other day is no more.

I've bought them from Stanley's and Zavotski's in the past and, frankly, they weren't much better than Mrs. T's.

Seems odd that with such a large Polish population in the region that there are no Polish restaurants.

Hmmmmmmmm................anyone have a Polish grandmother I could hire......??

posted by Foodie on Mar 03, 2017 at 03:02:06 pm     #

I had some a couple months ago at either Manos or the Attic that were pretty good.

The Blarney may be them as well, I've had some really good ones at Focaccias at Lunch before and the same guy owns both places.

posted by jamesteroh on Mar 03, 2017 at 03:06:59 pm     #

The Wayward Bar and Grill in Rossford has Polish Night every Wednesday. Its good stuff. Legit.

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Mar 03, 2017 at 06:18:00 pm     #

PRUCA has pierogi dinners periodically as fundraisers for the Echoes of Poland dance group.

You can stop by to be served a dinner or buy pierogi by the dozen to take home.

Looks like they have dinners scheduled for March and April. Scroll to the bottom of this event listing for info:

posted by mom2 on Mar 03, 2017 at 11:17:03 pm     #

PRUCA = Polish Roman Catholic Union of America. They have a hall on Detroit Ave.

(I didn't know what it was until I married into a Polish family, so I didn't want to assume everyone knows what PRUCA is.) :)

posted by mom2 on Mar 03, 2017 at 11:20:18 pm     #

Ooh, they're serving TONIGHT? Oh man, I know what I'm having for dinner. Thanks for sharing, mom2!

posted by kaj on Mar 04, 2017 at 10:38:23 am     #

Not to burst anyone's bubble about the PRUCA dinners, but they get their pierogis frozen in bags from a supermarket. All the food is hearty and I enjoy going there, but they miscalculate fairly often and run out of various dishes. Also their desserts are straight-up Walmart cakes and pies.

posted by viola on Mar 04, 2017 at 04:43:25 pm     #

Thanks for all the information.

posted by mennell on Mar 06, 2017 at 08:47:04 am     #

Malczewski Catering has it - they have choice of cheese, potato, cabbage, mushroom, potato/spinach,feta. You must order by phone (419-535-6963). They will tell you when your order can be picked up.
They are located at 2541 Nebraska (one block east of Westwood).

posted by flinty on Mar 15, 2017 at 03:45:37 pm     #