Hen House Liquor License

I drove by said-named (for now) strip joint this morning. There was a sign advertising they are serving liquor and beer again. I thought they lost their license due to the drugs/shootings going on there. Anyone know how they got it re-issued?

created by Brewster on Mar 09, 2017 at 09:13:11 am     Comments: 8

All I know is.....somehow their income is being supplemented....because as an Uber driver, I NEVER see more than one or 2 cars in the parking lot. I dont know how they are even keeping the lights on.

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Mar 09, 2017 at 09:19:52 am     #

Do they own the building?

posted by ahmahler on Mar 09, 2017 at 10:35:04 am     #

I attended the hearings against the license renewal last year. The state has apparently issued it in error and is in the process of revoking it. I wonder how often this has happened...

posted by Brewster on Mar 09, 2017 at 01:24:30 pm     #

Isn't the hen house a strip bar? I was under the impression that a strip bar was banned from serving alcohol in Ohio.

What ever happened with Napoli wanting them to change the name?

posted by classylady on Mar 09, 2017 at 02:51:36 pm     #

Strip clubs in the area definitely serve alcohol. Not that I know from experience...

posted by upso on Mar 09, 2017 at 03:05:26 pm     #

If you serve liquor (or maybe even alcohol in general), you "can't" go full nude.

posted by Johio83 on Mar 09, 2017 at 03:07:09 pm     #

Strip clubs got mighty boring when they passed that law.

posted by mixman on Mar 10, 2017 at 03:11:18 pm     #

I know it's been a law since at least the 80s that a strip club can't serve alcohol. I remember in college there was a strip club that guys on my dorm floor went to by the old farmer jack in a strip mall and they would complain they couldn't buy alcohol and that a glass of coke was more than a beer at a bar. I know people used to go to Windsor because they served alcohol in their strip malls so the rules in Michigan are probably similar to Ohio

posted by jamesteroh on Mar 10, 2017 at 04:53:22 pm     #