Another Neapolitan pizza place in town

Looks like Toledo has room for yet another Neapolitan pizza location. 5380 Monroe st. (Where Toppers and Crepe creations was located) now has a sign up for 1000 Degrees Neapolitan Pizza. Does not appear to be open yet, but I'll post when it is.

created by breeman on Mar 15, 2017 at 07:47:03 pm     Food     Comments: 7

Best Neapolitan pizza on the planet. I would buy the ticket back to Naples just to eat here again. My wife is Sicilian and agrees.

posted by Wydowmaker on Mar 15, 2017 at 09:47:26 pm     #

Described on their website as "Fast, casual pizza".

Looks like they have three locations in Metro Detroit.

posted by Foodie on Mar 16, 2017 at 10:24:37 am     #

When I drove by the other day I thought it was very odd to open a niche chain so close to the only other similar restaurant type in town. The fast casual aspect now makes a little more sense.

posted by idinspired on Mar 16, 2017 at 02:26:31 pm     #

Locating a pizza parlor next to a head shop might be a great idea. At the very least, it should help them build a modest base of stoner traffic.

posted by mixman on Mar 16, 2017 at 03:35:32 pm     #

Yes the stoners can cure their munchies:)

The best Neapolitian pizza I've had has been in Ann Arbor. The company that owns Pizza Papalis has a Neapolitan pizza store in Downtown ann arbor.

posted by classylady on Mar 17, 2017 at 10:23:30 am     #

Neopapalis? We walked by it a few weeks ago. It's that good? I love Bigalora and Mani Osteria.

posted by ahmahler on Mar 17, 2017 at 10:55:26 am     #

Yes Neopapalis Some cool pizza toppings and the sandwich's are good as well. We ate there after a whole foods/TJ/Zimmermans trip when they first opened a couple years ago and the manager that helped open it was walking around talking to customers and he looked familiar and when he got to our table said we looked familiar. When I told him we lived in Toledo he mentioned he opened Pizza Pappalis in Toledo and that's why he looked familiar and told us it was a concept the owner was trying . We told him they should have the offerings downtown Toledo but he said the restaurant was set up to handle both operations.

posted by classylady on Mar 17, 2017 at 12:46:27 pm     #