Cat, bird, human spikes

Anyone have any thoughts or feedback on these lawn deterrents? I want these Fence Wall Spikes Clear Effective AGAINST Humans, Cats, Foxes and Large Birds to keep the cats from pooping in the mulch and the kids from jumping on my retaining wall. I called my insurance company, she said "as long as it installed properly"..."you are covered."

created by estioney on Mar 28, 2017 at 12:52:39 pm     Comments: 10

I should get some for my front porch.

posted by breeman on Mar 28, 2017 at 01:28:03 pm     #

I should get some for my front porch.

posted by breeman on Mar 28, 2017 at 01:28:04 pm     #   1 person liked this

Hey Breeman, why don't you get some of those for your front porch?

Personally, I'd just run some concertina wire across the top of an eight foot chain link fence and keep a guard dog or two in the yard. That's just me being friendly, though.

posted by madjack on Mar 28, 2017 at 02:41:04 pm     #   2 people liked this

posted by SensorG on Mar 28, 2017 at 02:49:14 pm     #   4 people liked this

That was an awesome movie. One of my all time favorites.

posted by Foodie on Mar 28, 2017 at 03:34:44 pm     #   2 people liked this

she said "as long as it installed properly"..."you are covered."

If that is the standard they are setting, get a professional to install it so that you have proof for the insurance company that it was installed properly.

posted by MsArcher on Mar 28, 2017 at 09:22:06 pm     #   2 people liked this

There sure ain't gonna be any loss in federal police funding with all these sanctuary lawns. My property, I pay the taxes, invitees only. Door to door peddlers, religious zealots, socialists, those who think this is a free-for-all are greeted by my two friends: Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson.

posted by Mariner on Mar 29, 2017 at 06:55:25 am     #

I've used one of these in the past on a jobsite to keep birds and cats away while the grass grew. Motion activated sprinkler - don't know how effective against children/adults though.

posted by mennell on Mar 29, 2017 at 11:34:47 am     #

Ms Archer. I asked her to review my policy and that was the rule of thumb when something is not specifically listed. I will read the packaging and follow it 100%. The cats are horrible in area. And the kids are hilarious but have no sense. I have seen how their parents have dealt with other neighbors. The flowers on my wall attract a ton of bees. So what do they do? They smash at the flowers so they can play on the wall. When the bricks fly out due to their playing they complain to me about it.

posted by estioney on Mar 29, 2017 at 01:00:21 pm     #

Question: is there a legal limit of cats per household in Toledo? Because the stench of cat urine from two doors down is RANK.

posted by toledolen_ on May 17, 2017 at 02:12:57 pm     #