New Fallen Timbers (Chain) Restaurant

I usually see this posted here before it hits The Blade. Anyone know?

created by smbfc on Apr 04, 2017 at 12:24:36 pm     Comments: 21

Anyone else annoyed that the blade limits access to articles? Why is it so difficult to read from the pulitzer prize winning newspaper....

posted by presbacon on Apr 04, 2017 at 01:40:22 pm     #   2 people liked this

No idea, but Quaker Steak and Lube has been looking at that area for awhile

posted by gunz1 on Apr 04, 2017 at 01:57:22 pm     #

presbacon posted at 01:40:22 PM on Apr 04, 2017:

Yes, used to have Google Now pop up Toledo related articles from the Blade all the time, but when I went to read them always got messages about subscription limits. So I just set it to ignore articles from the Toledo Blade.

posted by breeman on Apr 04, 2017 at 02:43:47 pm     #

Just clear your cache ;)

posted by westsidebob on Apr 04, 2017 at 04:01:26 pm     #

Quaker Steak would be such a good fit for that area! Between the fishermen from out of town and the bikers who like to cruise River Road (now undisturbed by truck traffic), I think it would be very popular.

posted by viola on Apr 04, 2017 at 04:59:38 pm     #

the rent must be dirt cheap out there

posted by upso on Apr 04, 2017 at 05:04:23 pm     #

They've struggled since they've opened and for good reason. It should've never been built out there.

Originally a Starbuck's opened with the rest of the mall. They closed within months. I was told by a Starbuck's representative (I was in the retail business at the time) that the Fallen Timbers store wasn't doing in a week what the Reynolds/Airport store was doing in a day.

posted by slowsol on Apr 04, 2017 at 06:07:07 pm     #   1 person liked this

WOW that's bad

posted by upso on Apr 04, 2017 at 06:55:26 pm     #

How about Twin Peaks?

posted by mixman on Apr 04, 2017 at 07:32:30 pm     #

Fallen Timbers is dead everytime I've been there, even Christmas time. The only time we go there is to eat at PF Changs or Granite City since that is the only locations they have in Northwest Ohio.

We have friends from Findlay that just Fallen Timbers for some reason.

posted by classylady on Apr 04, 2017 at 08:01:58 pm     #

I like Fallen Timbers. Very few urban hipsters.

posted by justread on Apr 04, 2017 at 08:45:21 pm     #   1 person liked this

I must be the minority. I don't like shopping and hate the mall (Franklin Park) so if I do have to go to "mall" type stores, I go to FT. Whenever we see movies, it's always at FT, even though we're only 10 minutes from FP.

I guess maybe the lack of crowds is why I prefer FT.

posted by JoeyGee on Apr 04, 2017 at 09:15:48 pm     #

As the mother of a teenage girl, and especially when she was early-teens, I loved FT because I could feel comfortable in letting her meet friends there and wander around or catch a movie without me following every footstep. I would never let her wander at Franklin Park. When I lived in Springfield Twp., it was my go-to mall.

FT has fewer browsers, I think; people who tend to go there go to spend money, so you don't have as many crowds but still have sales.

They may have struggled, but that was because of general economic issues, IMO, not because of where it is located. The demographics very much supported the location. That place opened up right before the bottom fell out of the housing market in 2008, which negatively impacted its initial success.

posted by MsArcher on Apr 05, 2017 at 09:29:40 am     #   1 person liked this

I think the location point was that it was built so close to Levis Commons. In the entire footprint of the Toledo metro area, they chose to build at literally the very next exit from Levis.

posted by Johio83 on Apr 05, 2017 at 09:55:31 am     #

Was once an urban hipster. Wore blue jeans and black leather jacket with a pack of kools rolled up in the shirt sleeve. Oh...uh wait that was a rerun of Happy Days.

posted by Mariner on Apr 05, 2017 at 10:28:30 am     #

Johio83 posted at 09:55:31 AM on Apr 05, 2017:

How many exits are Westgate and Franklin Park from one another?

A river separates Perrysburg from West Maumee and Upper Waterville. A South Toledoan can get from Beverly Heather Glen Gates to FT in a few minutes on the Anthony Wayne Trial.

posted by justread on Apr 05, 2017 at 10:38:47 am     #   1 person liked this

Beer Barrel Pizza & Grill (based out of Lima)

posted by llz on Apr 05, 2017 at 10:49:44 am     #

True, but I think people treat "malls" differently than most other retail areas.

posted by Johio83 on Apr 05, 2017 at 11:01:34 am     #

Yeah, I wouldn't really compare Westgate to Franklin Park...

posted by upso on Apr 05, 2017 at 11:35:43 am     #   1 person liked this

upso posted at 11:35:43 AM on Apr 05, 2017:

Yeah, I wouldn't really compare Westgate to Franklin Park...

I wouldn't compare Fallen Timbers to Levis Commons - at least not right now. Levis Commons is more of a lifestyle place - with consumer oriented businesses and residential. Fallen Timbers was planned to have that, but it hasn't been built out yet.

Geographically they are different too IMO.

posted by MsArcher on Apr 05, 2017 at 12:25:29 pm     #

upso posted at 11:35:43 AM on Apr 05, 2017:

Yeah, I wouldn't really compare Westgate to Franklin Park...

I would only compared them geographically.

I wouldn't compared them to one another as enclosed malls.

posted by justread on Apr 05, 2017 at 03:51:36 pm     #