Looking for someone to grade my yard...

Hiya! We're having drainage issues and need to fix the overall grading of the yard around the house. Looking for someone reliable and budget-friendly.

Anyone have a fave they can share?

created by endcycle on May 17, 2017 at 08:22:33 am     Comments: 8

Get some dirt dropped off and buy a 12 pack.
I'll rent a bobcat. This is like playing with trucks in the dirt as kids but way better.

House high, yard slopes away. Easy peasey. :D

posted by justread on May 17, 2017 at 08:39:23 am     #

When your done beerin and playin the mud don't forget to add the goats for upkeep. Do it before city council has 6 months long of hearings on goat ownership and retention.

posted by Mariner on May 17, 2017 at 09:59:40 am     #

44.82 is what I give it.

posted by smbfc on May 18, 2017 at 11:59:26 am     #   1 person liked this

Well, this was some useful input. :)

posted by endcycle on May 18, 2017 at 12:02:39 pm     #

My almost ex-next-door neighbor has a cousin whose brother-in-law owns a bulldozer and a flatbed semi. He said he'd trade me a brake job on the trailer for using the 'dozer for a day or two.

Just tell me when JustRead is going to show up with the bobcat, and I'll bring the bulldozer over. We'll have the whole business wrapped up by 3:00, or 4:00 at the latest.

I'm still a bourbon man, by the way.

posted by madjack on May 18, 2017 at 03:23:38 pm     #

On a related note, endcycle: have you tried gutter extensions to direct the water farther away from the house? I had a small leak in one corner of my basement, and by using two 6-foot gutter extensions, I was able to direct enough water away from the problem corner that the leaking stopped.

They also make these perforated gutter extensions that disperse the water over a wider area:

posted by historymike on May 19, 2017 at 06:14:34 am     #

I used Henry's Landscaping to grade and re-seed my lawn after I put the pool in a few years back - they did a great job.

posted by SensorG on May 19, 2017 at 06:45:01 am     #

Madjack -

I feel like you and I need to split a bottle sometime.

SensorG-

Thanks! I'll check them out.

posted by endcycle on May 19, 2017 at 07:26:29 am     #