Jenkins wife is getting PAID leave of absence

I was furious when I read about the Jenkins case and the knowledge his wife had. I was even more upset when I heard she only received a two week unpaid suspension but I know I see she is on indefinite PAID leave at a salary of $125K a year.

Who authorized this? If it's the commissioners it's time to vote them out. And are the taxpayers going to pay another person $125K to do her duties while she is on vacation, err I mean leave?

The county is becoming a bigger joke than the city government. Only in Toledo can someone commit an offense that should have them jail and not only avoid jail time but get paid $125,000 a year to do nothing for committing the crime.

created by classylady on Aug 02, 2017 at 01:15:48 pm     Comments: 5

Nope. Happens all the time in Washington too.

posted by Foodie on Aug 02, 2017 at 01:42:41 pm     #

She hasn't been charged with anything, so legally it might be a CYA move by the county while they wait for more of the story to unfold. Maybe they know charges are coming? If there are no charges, maybe they bring her back?

No idea, just thinking out loud.

posted by JoeyGee on Aug 02, 2017 at 02:55:38 pm     #   4 people liked this

I don't subscribe to The Blade, so others will have to be outraged on my behalf until we figure out what is going on and whether this is actually the wrong strategy.

posted by justread on Aug 02, 2017 at 02:58:09 pm     #

I'm guessing JoeyGee is correct in that paying her is legal CYA for the county. Still sucks though.

posted by Erin on Aug 03, 2017 at 05:29:31 pm     #

JoeyGee posted at 02:55:38 PM on Aug 02, 2017:

No idea, just thinking out loud.

Unless she is under contract, they can fire her at any time as she would be an at-will employee. At her level, she wouldn't be covered by a union contract. Even if she was under an employment contract it should have a 'for cause' clause, which should allow them to fire her ... for cause. Let's see, you have sworn testimony that she knew while she was a board member of LCCSB - that's cause. IMO.

posted by not_me on Aug 03, 2017 at 05:53:59 pm     #   2 people liked this