Jenkins wife is getting PAID leave of absence

I was furious when I read about the Jenkins case and the knowledge his wife had. I was even more upset when I heard she only received a two week unpaid suspension but I know I see she is on indefinite PAID leave at a salary of $125K a year.

Who authorized this? If it's the commissioners it's time to vote them out. And are the taxpayers going to pay another person $125K to do her duties while she is on vacation, err I mean leave?

The county is becoming a bigger joke than the city government. Only in Toledo can someone commit an offense that should have them jail and not only avoid jail time but get paid $125,000 a year to do nothing for committing the crime.

created by classylady on Aug 02, 2017 at 12:15:48 pm     Comments: 18

Nope. Happens all the time in Washington too.

posted by Foodie on Aug 02, 2017 at 12:42:41 pm     #

She hasn't been charged with anything, so legally it might be a CYA move by the county while they wait for more of the story to unfold. Maybe they know charges are coming? If there are no charges, maybe they bring her back?

No idea, just thinking out loud.

posted by JoeyGee on Aug 02, 2017 at 01:55:38 pm     #   4 people liked this

I don't subscribe to The Blade, so others will have to be outraged on my behalf until we figure out what is going on and whether this is actually the wrong strategy.

posted by justread on Aug 02, 2017 at 01:58:09 pm     #

I'm guessing JoeyGee is correct in that paying her is legal CYA for the county. Still sucks though.

posted by Erin on Aug 03, 2017 at 04:29:31 pm     #

JoeyGee posted at 02:55:38 PM on Aug 02, 2017:

No idea, just thinking out loud.

Unless she is under contract, they can fire her at any time as she would be an at-will employee. At her level, she wouldn't be covered by a union contract. Even if she was under an employment contract it should have a 'for cause' clause, which should allow them to fire her ... for cause. Let's see, you have sworn testimony that she knew while she was a board member of LCCSB - that's cause. IMO.

posted by not_me on Aug 03, 2017 at 04:53:59 pm     #   2 people liked this

Well, they finally fired her. Took long enough.

posted by Erin on Nov 28, 2017 at 05:45:12 pm     #

That took way too long. It would seem that when the FBI agent testified she knew what her husband was doing, firing her immediately would have been a no-brainer. WTF Lucas County.

posted by toledolen_ on Nov 29, 2017 at 05:05:07 pm     #   3 people liked this

About time. It's been almost four months, has she been on paid leave the entire time or did they eventually stop paying her? I'm betting she has been on paid leave the entire time and will be able to cash out her unused vacation and sick pay. I sure hope the county isn't offering her severance pay. Just using her work computer to search for flights for her husband on county time should have been grounds enough for immediate termination.

Her butt should be in jail along with her husband.

posted by classylady on Nov 29, 2017 at 08:54:17 pm     #   2 people liked this

She is finally locked up. About time. The county commissioners claim they didn’t know she would be charged

posted by classylady on Dec 16, 2017 at 06:57:25 am     #

Thank God. You can sleep at night now.

posted by justread on Dec 16, 2017 at 07:04:12 am     #

According to a superceding indictment filed Friday, Ms. Lloyd-Jenkins obstructed the investigation by notifying a defendant — presumably her husband — of the forthcoming investigation between March 29 and April 12.

I'm really struggling with this - assuming the Blade is correct - that simply informing her husband that he might be under investigation is obstruction? Don't misunderstand, if she knew he was going this and didn't walk out the door that second, she is scum. But with that said, I'm seeing obstruction charges thrown around excessively.

There's a case in front of the US Supreme Court right now, a taxpayer was a sloppy record keeper, including throwing away necessary documents. The IRS nailed him with obstruction for not keeping the records they need to audit and prove he's not paying his taxes. I get his tax fraud conviction, but obstruction?

posted by not_me on Dec 16, 2017 at 10:09:59 am     #   1 person liked this

Wasn’t she also looking for flights for her husband out of the US? At least she has plenty of money to hire a good lawyer courtesy of the County Commissioners who gave her that long paid vacation.

posted by classylady on Dec 17, 2017 at 01:16:33 pm     #

For an uninvolved third party, who has disclosed no personal connection to her, your white hot outrage is quite impressive. I can't sustain that level of active, visceral contempt for someone who has not actually screwed me personally, and hard.

Makes me wonder if you know her better than I do. It was just another news story to me. Don't get me wrong, I am not objecting to your deep feelings about her. I am just admiring the passion.

posted by justread on Dec 17, 2017 at 01:40:07 pm     #

Way back when I walked the path to get here I vaguely remember a sign that said, "No fishing allowed."

posted by Mariner on Dec 17, 2017 at 02:16:09 pm     #

The problem is justread that she screwed both of us and any Lucas County taxpayer by getting a paid vacation for this. I wouldn’t have that big of an issue with this if she would have been doing this on her own time and escpecially if she would have gotten fired from the start or at least been put on unpaid leave

posted by classylady on Dec 17, 2017 at 05:57:03 pm     #

I understand. And don't disagree. I don't condone it.
Maybe I am old and the fire in my belly is starting to flicker. Or my outrage-o-meter has been recalculated by unrelenting screwings from the city and county, nearly every day. :(

posted by justread on Dec 17, 2017 at 07:59:53 pm     #

NW Ohio is called the Black Swamp. It might take Divine intervention to drain it. Maybe we should be listening to Opel. 🤦🏾‍♂️

posted by Mariner on Dec 18, 2017 at 06:49:52 am     #

I am ready to declare a fiat that we listen to Opel.

posted by justread on Dec 18, 2017 at 06:56:00 am     #