Oliver House and Anthony Wayne Bridge

Any news on the ICE COLD BEER signage ? That will be a great addition....if it ever happens.

Has there been any plan or whispers regarding how and when the Hi Level Bridge will be lit? I see this as a potentially huge aesthetic improvement for the city skyline. I hope something truly impressive is in the works.

These items might seem petty compared to other projects....but I think stuff like this matters.

created by BulldogBuckeye on Oct 12, 2017 at 09:59:16 am     Comments: 9

Will take the hits... I can deal with it. Really don't think Ice Cold Beer should go atop the Hi-Level bridge speaking from a Women's Christian Temperance League point of view. Looking forward to the planned lighting too. Should dress it up nicely. Maybe that sign should go on 1 guvmint ctr. depending on who wins in Nov.

posted by Mariner on Oct 12, 2017 at 10:37:11 am     #

(The "ICE COLD BEER" sign is going on the Oliver House.)

posted by Johio83 on Oct 12, 2017 at 10:42:36 am     #   1 person liked this

The sign is going at the Oliver House and I think it will be a great fit.

Is the AW bridge open for foot traffic the entire span yet? Boyfriend and I like to walk it sometimes and a couple weeks the sidewalk on the north side of the bridge on the lane east bound motor traffic uses was closed and we walked the other side and we got halfway across and it was blocked to foot traffic by some construction equipment. We do it for exercise but it would be a real pain in the ass for someone that doesn't have a car and has to walk or bike someplace.

posted by classylady on Oct 12, 2017 at 10:47:50 am     #

The bridge lighting will be complete by 2019. A full RGB LED system is planned. They have to dehumidify the cabling system first and that will take some time - ODOT has to actually build a structure to house the equipment for the process. I believe the easement was just approved by City Council last week.

posted by endiem on Oct 12, 2017 at 10:56:52 am     #

Ive know the ICE COLD BEER sign was owned by Oliver House.....I was just wondering if anyone heard when it will be going up. Theyve had it in their possession for quite a while now. Maybe it wont happen afterall?

posted by BulldogBuckeye on Oct 13, 2017 at 12:06:10 pm     #

Yeah, I haven't heard anything on it in a while either. I'm sure they're still planning on putting it up, probably just have to go through the red tape of sign permitting, etc.

posted by Johio83 on Oct 13, 2017 at 01:25:44 pm     #

I'm sure there are some zoning or permit issues they have to go through to put a sign like that up.

posted by classylady on Oct 13, 2017 at 01:30:16 pm     #

classylady posted at 10:47:50 AM on Oct 12, 2017:

The sign is going at the Oliver House and I think it will be a great fit.

I live on the East Side and drive the bridge a couple times a week and I'm totally amazed that they were able to keep pedestrian access open at all during this time. I'm not sure I would like to walk thru a construction zone. Last I saw, the north side was open for walking and biking, they built walkways around the pylons, but the south side was closed. That said, I haven't been over it this week, family is visiting and we've been using the Skyway.

posted by nana on Oct 13, 2017 at 11:45:31 pm     #

Sorry I meant that south side of the bridge was closed to foot traffic (I did have east bound motor traffic correct hehe).

We walked it earlier today and the entire span of the bridge on the north side is open again for foot traffic. They have the equipment arranged now so that you can walk around it but if someone is in a wheelchair or walker the opening is too narrow to be accessible.

How does it work for bike traffic? There's no bike lanes and pretty dangerous to bike on the street. Are bikes permited on the sidewalk?

posted by classylady on Oct 14, 2017 at 04:57:48 pm     #