Holiday Splendor Outdoors at Wildwood

Park rangers are stringing lights along fences, lamposts, and pathways to have an illuminated hiking trail for this year's celebration at the Manor House. I like the new emphasis on outdoor activities and fitness. Apparently they will teach you how to make S'mores, starting Saturday, if your outdoor skills need improvement :).

It's all free. I live dangerously close to the S'more's setup and I might be stopping in there on a daily basis.

created by viola on Nov 29, 2017 at 06:04:47 pm     Comments: 6

The manor house is beautiful at Christmas time.

posted by classylady on Nov 29, 2017 at 08:57:35 pm     #

I agree with classylady! I always love touring it!

posted by stooks on Nov 30, 2017 at 07:16:23 am     #

Last week while I was home for Thanksgiving, I went to the park for the first time in a non-Glass City Marathon capacity in a long time. Wow, they have done an incredible job with the improvements to the park. I spent a lot of time there when I was younger and post-college before I moved away and always thought it was a neat place, but now it's so much better.

posted by clt212 on Nov 30, 2017 at 10:58:32 am     #

Doesn't the Old West End do a holiday tour of the homes as well?

posted by jamesteroh on Nov 30, 2017 at 01:20:23 pm     #

jamesteroh posted at 01:20:23 PM on Nov 30, 2017:

Doesn't the Old West End do a holiday tour of the homes as well?

A couple OWE events are scheduled for this weekend.

The Commons Park Tree Lighting & Gazebo Lighting
Saturday, December 2, 2017
4:30 PM 5:30 PM
Bring the kids, free refreshments, caroling and Santa will be there. House Decorating awards will be given out. The Commons Park is at the corner of Robinwood and Bancroft.

Holiday Golf Cart Parade
Decorated Golf Carts will travel throughout the neighborhood on Saturday before the Tree Lighting at 4:30 in the Commons Park.

Tours de Noel
Sunday, December 3, 2017
12:00 PM 7:00 PM

TICKET PRICES (DONATION)
$12 per person pre-sale through Dec. 2
$15 per person day of Tours
Pre-sale locations:
Both Walt Churchill Stores (Maumee & Perrysburg)
Lilys On Main (Levis Commons)
Georgettes Grounds & Gifts (Maumee)
Black Kit Coffee
Pumpernickel's Deli
David Swesey Florist (Maumee)
Pam's Corner (Downtown Toledo)

posted by jr on Nov 30, 2017 at 01:41:46 pm     #