Palin already talking about her plans for 2012 if she and McCain lose: "I'm not doing this for naught"created by charlatan on Oct 29, 2008 at 11:09:00 pm Comments: 6
Comments ... #
not a chance. she's considered the worst vp pick since Quayle, perhaps the worst ever. america doesn't think that she set her aspirations too low.
A couple of Palin-related thoughts:
1. She might be the least prepared candidate for the VP slot, but she did her job, which was to: a) energize the social conservative base; and b) steal a few Hillary voters. prior to her arrival, the McCain campaign was dead in the water, and Palin is probably the major reason why McCain still has a snowball's chance in a microwave of pulling out a win.
2. Palin plays an aw-shucks hick, while Quayle actually was an airheaded doofus. Do not underestimate this sharp politician - while she comes across as anti-intellectual and cornpone (maybe that should be "moosepone" or "tundrapone"), she is much brighter than she acts.
3. Palin has demonstrated that she will engage in bareknuckle gutter politics if need be, so do not discount her in 2012 as a serious contender. After all, she will have four years to study for the next exam, and I'll bet she'll be able to distinguish between Shi'a and Sunni, unlike McCain.
4. No one should be surprised that Palin is thinking 2012. She is a politician, and this is what they do - plan for the next elected gig. If anyone on this board got tabbed for VP, they would also be looking to maximize their career potential.
5. Palin sold her soul to Satan. I read it on teh Intartubes, therefore it must be true.
True, however, all of those points (minus the satan thing) are about her ability to campaign for the presidency and ignore the fact that the majority of American believe she is incapable of being the president (for good reason).
"she is much brighter than she acts"
Looks like she hoodwinked another one. She makes herself look horrible. Her record is atrocious. Her own campaign complains about her. She was entertaining and novel until anyone examined her character and past.