Historymike, I found your pasties...

Mike,

If you're ever out in Perrysburg, stop by JB's Sarnie Shoppe at Levis Commons. It's a sandwich place owned by an English fellow. They had some cornish pasties for sale when I was there, but I had a sandwich instead. They smelled good though!

created by slowsol on Mar 15, 2009 at 12:45:13 pm     Comments: 9

source      versions      1 person liked this

You rock, slowsol! That is much better than driving to Detroit. I will pay a visit this week and sample the pasties to see if they match my cravings, or if they at least approximate this taste from my childhood.

posted by historymike on Mar 15, 2009 at 01:21:57 pm     #

Pasties?! I didn't know HistoryMike was even a stripper. :-)

posted by JeepMaker on Mar 15, 2009 at 02:56:20 pm     #

Here I almost tripped over myself trying to open this topic thinking that someone had awoken from a drunken evening with "pasties" and didn't know where they came from.

oh well, still a funny title.

posted by hockeyfan on Mar 15, 2009 at 04:46:22 pm     #

slow, glad you left the tassles out of the pasties, aye? http://www.rangebuzz.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/pasty.jpg

posted by ronaldo on Mar 15, 2009 at 09:25:01 pm     #

HM, didja try em?

posted by billy on Mar 16, 2009 at 08:14:50 am     #

I'm far from being a perv, but even I had to re-read the title.

posted by INeedCoffee on Mar 17, 2009 at 05:24:41 pm     #

Heh. I'll stop out there this week and try them, and then I'll offer my two cents about the pasties.

posted by historymike on Mar 17, 2009 at 08:17:18 pm     #

A friend of mine just mentioned this place tonight. She said the owner was Welsh and that she loved the sandwich she got there. If they sell Cornish pasties, that's a bonus. I'm going to check them out.

posted by inga on Mar 17, 2009 at 08:50:18 pm     #

Yes, these pasties are the real deal. I apologize for the underexposed picture:

Two thumbs up for the culinary artistry of JB's Sarnie Shoppe, and thanks again, slowsol!

posted by historymike on Mar 20, 2009 at 10:48:15 pm     #