Lucas County Arena amenities...

So we are FINALLY going to a Walleye game this weekend. What do they have there as far as food and drink? Is it typical beer and hot dogs? We plan on stopping first, but I know there are people that just love drafts and a soft pretzel, etc.

Just wondered what they had to offer. And what is everyones take on the flushless toilets? Do they seem to be working?

created by Ryan on Jan 07, 2010 at 01:25:04 pm     Food     Comments: 25

The flushless turinals are a throne compared to the troughs which onced adorned the old Sports arena.

posted by KraZyKat on Jan 07, 2010 at 01:35:51 pm     #

posted by Offshore on Jan 07, 2010 at 01:37:19 pm     #

Thanks, not sure how I missed that.

posted by Ryan on Jan 07, 2010 at 01:41:49 pm     #

Bon appétit. See you there!

posted by Offshore on Jan 07, 2010 at 01:55:08 pm     #

im going tomorrow... can't wait!

posted by upso on Jan 07, 2010 at 02:40:05 pm     #

Not till Sat for us, ugh!

posted by Offshore on Jan 07, 2010 at 02:51:59 pm     #

The food at the arena includes,hot dogs,bratwurst,hamburgers,pizza,french fries,walleye sandwich,popcorn,funnel cakes,nachos with cheese,soft pretzels,cotton candy,some southwestern fare and I believe philly cheese steak.There are more to include,but I can't or have not payed attenion to all of the foods available.One thing for certain is that it is not cheap to eat there.In fairness to the new arena ,it is about the same as similar venues.Also they have hard liquor and beer on tap or by the bottle.I do like the food, but it is easy to spend a lot of money.On the plus side ,it is much more resonable than going to a Red Wings game.Of course the hockey is not quite the quality as the NHL ,but it is still quite entertaining and fun to watch.

posted by buckeye278 on Jan 07, 2010 at 03:23:34 pm     #

About the urinals.Although the arena is smoke free, I did notice that the cigarette butts don't get as soggy and are easier to light because of the lack of water.LOL!

posted by buckeye278 on Jan 07, 2010 at 03:25:58 pm     #

I copied this from an info website:

Lucas County Arena Food & Beverage

Welcome to the Toledo Walleye Food & Beverage online headquarters. Next time you're coming down for a game plan on having dinner at the Lucas County Arena! You'll find traditional arena fare (hot dogs and burgers, peanuts and popcorn) and exciting new items to try (walleye sandwiches, barbequed rib tips, philly steak sandwiches). Be sure to make your next meal a Lucas County Arena feast! On these pages you'll find lots of info on what we serve at the arena and where you can get it. Check back often for updates!

Here's the website:

Good Luck

posted by rch101 on Jan 07, 2010 at 05:34:00 pm     #

The popcorn is yummy - they will mix cheese, caramel corn & buttered all in one carton. It sounds yucky but is really good.

Enjoy!

posted by MaumeeMom on Jan 07, 2010 at 06:16:53 pm     #

bwahahaha, who was it asking about popcorn tins? INC? there you go, you can have it year round! that's what we do every year, pull the divider out first thing and mix it! so cool they do it for you, have not seen that anywhere else!

posted by nana on Jan 07, 2010 at 07:14:31 pm     #

I think the mixed popcorn is the best buy for what you get.It is very addictive.

posted by buckeye278 on Jan 07, 2010 at 07:20:41 pm     #

The food is pretty much the same as Fith Third Field. You have to try the walleye sandwhich, where other venue gives you the chance to eat the team mascot.

posted by AquaMan22 on Jan 08, 2010 at 11:11:54 am     #

"where other venue gives you the chance to eat the team mascot."

Oregon State!

posted by Offshore on Jan 08, 2010 at 12:02:51 pm     #

Thanks know what I'll be getting next time I go :) Also been looking for someplace that has good fish sandwhiches (walleye or pirch)

posted by INeedCoffee on Jan 08, 2010 at 02:41:41 pm     #

INC, Chateau Louise in Luna Pier has a great perch sandwich. Good prices on drinks as well. Just be prepared to stink when you leave. Smokers paradise.

posted by Ryan on Jan 08, 2010 at 02:53:07 pm     #

just got back from the game. AWESOME fun but.... TERRIBLE walleye sandwich. FYI

posted by upso on Jan 09, 2010 at 12:16:37 am     #

i wanted to follow up on the sandwich...
for $8.50 they serve you two pieces of fish in a bun wrapped in foil. nothing on it. but they do have a condiment bar where you can cover it in whatever you like. I just wasnt very excited about the condiment bar being open to the public... giant vat of mayo out in open air ETC... but once you put it together, it wasn't 1/2 bad. Just not the type of sandwich they showed on the website! :)

the game was a blast! Can't wait to go again

posted by upso on Jan 09, 2010 at 11:43:38 am     #

Huntington Center. Plenty of consonents goin' on there :p

posted by djimpelr on Apr 16, 2010 at 11:58:27 am     #

posted by JohnnyMac on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:13:08 pm     #

$ 2.1 million, nice little chunk of change

posted by Hoops on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:55:53 pm     #

"$ 2.1 million, nice little chunk of change"

For a $105 million arena.

"They spray-painted a Huntington Center logo on many streetcorners in downtown today."

They also spray-painted the Toledo Blade's Web site.

posted by jr on Apr 16, 2010 at 01:13:22 pm     #

At least now I know what they're doing with my money when I'm not using it.

posted by tlm0000 on Apr 16, 2010 at 02:52:38 pm     #

Just a tip for those drinking there....when I was at the classic rockers, I got a Mik'e Hard Lemon with a shot of JC Especial in it. $11 but it lasted me all nite, lol. Of course, we left early....

posted by nana on Apr 16, 2010 at 09:44:25 pm     #

Necroposting :O)

So I've noticed they have taken the metal sheets down where the ivy was supposed to had been growing (at the main entrance). For the past several days there have been two men manually toiling to get the rust off the metal sheets where the ivy was supposed to had been growing over. These blokes!! They have been scrubbing, spraying and just plain sweatshopping it. Watching them makes me think about the phrase' work smarter not harder'. At least they are employed I reckon.

posted by djimpelr on Jun 21, 2011 at 09:21:24 am     #