On Thursday, participating restaurants will donate 15% of sales to the local tornado relief efforts.
Comments ... #
I heard that on Andrew Z in the Morning. Very cool idea, and lots of local restaurants are participating!
What a wonderful idea, and kudos to the participating restaurants.
Very cool. Community Shares (http://www.communitysharesnwohio.org/) does this sort of thing several times a year and I've always been a fan. Try to choose local, people!
Yes, good post, and I'll be sure to hit one of the places on the list.
From the WNWO story:
They are continuing to add restaurants and would like many participants in order to give back to those in need. Any restaurants that want to participate can email Andrew Z at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a list of the participating restaurants so far:
Andrew Z’s Sports Pizzeria – Downtown & Levis Commons
Lucky's Barn and Grill in Oregon, Ohio
Adam’s Place on West Laskey
Arthur Treacher’s Fish and Chips in Fremont, Ohio
Blue Pacific Grill in Levis Commons
Café Marie- Perrysburg Location (Open for Breakfast and Lunch Only)
Cake In A Cup on Central Ave.
Chuck's Bar and Grill on Monroe Street
Chuck E. Cheese on Airport Highway
CiCi’s Pizza on Monroe Street
City Barbeque on West Central
Haven Lounge in Swanton
JoJo’s Pizza- Monroe, Mayberry, and Walbridge Locations Only
Little Caesar's Pizza- Deveaux Village, W. Alexis near Secor, and Lewis Ave between Sylvania &Eleanor
Mancy's—Mancy’s Steak, Mancy’s Italian, Shorty’s, Blue Water Grill
Moodies Coney Island on Oregon Rd. at Wales
Shubie’s Ice Cream and Grill
Sonic---Rossford, Oregon, and Bryan Ohio locations
The Village Idiot in Maumee
The Waffle House on Rt. 25 in Perrysburg, Oh
Does an updated list of participating restaurants exist somewhere?
Planning to get Andrew Z's on Thursday, but I'm curious where is the Village Idiot? I've heard it mentioned here several times and would like to try it out.
googling now :)
It's downtown Maumee on Connant. Great little bar with awesome pizza http://www.villageidiotmaumee.com/
mmmm, just noticed City BBQ was on there, gonna have to hit that, I think, been too long.
Are all donations from these restaurants going to the Red Cross?
Thats how the article made it sound. Regardless of how you feel about them right now it should not make you not do this if you were planning on it.
upso: thanks for the link. Sent it to my girl as well and she's excited to see Polka Floyd playing there this Friday so you helped pick out our date for Friday night :)
The Tuesday afternoon list posted above from the WNWO story contained 20 businesses.
This June 10 updated list now shows 40 participating businesses.
List at 925kissfm.com: Andrew Z’s Restaurants & Retailers for Relief
- Andrew Z’s Sports Pizzeria – Downtown & Levis Commons
- Luckies Barn and Grill in Oregon, Ohio
- Adam’s Place on West Laskey
- Arthur Treacher’s Fish and Chips in Freemont, Ohio
- Blue Pacific Grill in Levis Commons
- Big Z on Sylvania & Douglas
- Bob Evans-Woodville Road and Perrysburg
- Burnsy’s Burgers & Brew- Woodville Rd.
- Cake In A Cup on Central Ave.
- Chucks Bar and Grill on Monroe Street
- Chuck E Cheese on Airport Highway
- CiCi’s Pizza on Monroe Street
- City Barbeque on West Central
- Claddagh Irish Pub - Westfield Franklin Park Mall
- Dos Hermanos- Oregon- Located In Meijer Parking Lot
- Downtown Alterations & Tailoring
- Eddie Bauer at Westfield Franklin Park Mall
- Eddie Lee’s Restaurant on Nantucket Dr.
- Edible Arrangements- Central and McCord
- Elle Hair Salon
- Fitz Patrick’s Tavern on Airport Highway
- Haven Lounge in Swanton
- Home and Loft Essentials
- IHOP in Perrysburg
- J-Cups Pizza Summit Street in Point Place
- JoJo’s Pizza- Monroe, Mayberry, Rossford and Whitehouse Locations
- Little Caesars Pizza- Deveaux Village, W. Alexis near Secor, and Lewis Ave between Sylvania &Eleanor
- Mancys—Mancy’s Steak, Mancy’s Italian, Shorty’s, Blue Water Grill
- Maumee Sweepers in Golden Gate Plaza
- Mayberry Dinner- Byrne Rd and Mayberry Square Locations
- Moe’s Place
- Moodies Coney Island on Oregon Rd. at Wales
- Papa Joe’s
- Prestige on the Corner or Byrne & Hill
- Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina @ the corner of Ford and Dussel
- Shubie’s Ice Cream and Grill
- Sonic---Rossford, Oregon, and Bryan Ohio locations
- Sylvania Play Land on Centennial Rd.
- The Village Idiot in Maumee
- The Waffle House on Rt. 25 in Perrysburg, Ohio
Thanks for the list. My friends and I checked the list and got food from Luckies Bar and Grill today. Pretty good.