EUGENE, Ore. - Sandy McMillin and her sister Karla Vogt went to Walmart on Sunday to buy sour cream, chips and coffee creamer.
The temperature that day hit 90 degrees, so McMillin threw on a turquoise bikini and a pair of shorts. She said five minutes into her shopping trip while in the clothing aisle, a store employee told her to put on a shirt or leave, saying the swimsuit violated health codes.
"I was horrified," McMillin told KVAL News. "I am embarrassed." "We just walked in, straight over to the clothing," Vogt said. "It's wrong. If you don't like the way someone looks, don't look at them." McMillin said employees then escorted her and her sister out of the store. "I hadn't done anything obnoxious or outlandish," McMillin said.
Does she really only have one leg too? Is that anymore offensive that seeing teenagers with their pants around their knees?
Here's a link I think you'll enjoy. See anyone from toledo?
people of walmart-
I think you can get away with a quick trip to the store with shorts over a bathing suit if its a full top. (Either a one piece suit, or a tankini.)
A good rule of thumb would be whether the bathing suit top is more revealing than a tank top.
I would never have guessed that was a woman had it not been for the bewbs.
I didn't realize it was a woman until i read the name, i thought it was just some weirdo guy wearing a bikini top. LOL
That's not Florida??? Wow.
Anytime Walmart loses business it's OK by me.
Um... I'm not speaking about the woman's attire, because... well, that's just wrong. But the hair? That's what mine looks like right now, thanks to chemo. I drove from my house to the UTMC pharmacy yesterday both ways without my head covered because it was so freaking hot. Now I wonder how many people thought I was a guy....
Bald is beautiful, baby! slap some sunscreen on that dome and let 'er rip! I'm sure you didn't have a bikini top and shorts on and I'm pretty sure no-one thought you were a man, but if they did, fuck 'em all but 6. :) As for these ladies, no shirt, no service is a pretty accpted way to do business, no matter where you live. I just have to wonder, tho, if she was a 10, would they have harassed her?
Personally I think she's a bit overdressed for going to Wal-Mart.
toledolen_ posted at 12:38:30 PM on Jul 29, 2011:
That's not Florida??? Wow.
Don't worry. As mentioned before, Fark.com aggregates the weird Florida stories.
Here are a samples just from the past
- Fisherman finds brick of cocaine, snorts some, runs with scissors, dies.
- Dunkin' Donuts employee arrested for grand theft after he was caught taking leftovers home to his wife and infant instead of throwing them away
- Woman confirms there are 50 ways to stab your lover
- Bumped from your flight? You can (a) complain to airline management or (b) chase the pilot around the terminal beating the hell out of him
- Picture of cop--now fired--partying in uniform moments before he plowed a police ATV into two people on South Beach
- Aspiring ultimate fighter killed after a guy he called "Ginger" referred to him as "weak kneed". Yes, drinking was involved
- Man standing in his driveway only wearing socks gets charged twice for indecent exposure.
- Man puts gun to wife's head during argument over who's the favorite grandchild.
- Sometimes when your girlfriend refuses to stay in her room, you just gotta break out the samurai sword
- Need to go commit some crimes, but don't want to bring your toddler? Just leave him with a homeless heroin addict
And naturally, Fark discussed the story that OhioKimono used to start this thread.