#16 is where the exception for a hotel or restaurant that has a bar is noted:
Exception for certain public places
Sec. 11. (a) The provisions of sections 9 and 10 of this chapter shall not apply if the public place involved is one (1) of the following:
(1) Civic center.
(2) Convention center.
(3) Sports arena.
(4) Bowling center.
(5) Bona fide club.
(6) Drug store.
(7) Grocery store.
(9) Dining car.
(10) Pullman car.
(11) Club car.
(12) Passenger airplane.
(13) Horse racetrack facility holding a recognized meeting permit under IC 4-31-5.
(14) Satellite facility (as defined in IC 4-31-2-20.5).
(15) Catering hall under IC 7.1-3-20-24 that is not open to the public.
(16) That part of a hotel or restaurant which is separate from a room in which is located a bar over which alcoholic beverages are sold or dispensed by the drink.
(17) Entertainment complex.
(18) Indoor golf facility.
(19) A recreational facility such as a golf course, bowling center, or similar facility that has the recreational activity and
not the sale of food and beverages as the principal purpose or function of the person's business.
(20) A licensed premises owned or operated by a postsecondary educational institution described in IC 21-17-6-1.
(21) An automobile racetrack.
(22) An indoor theater under IC 7.1-3-20-26.
(b) For the purpose of this subsection, "food" means meals prepared on the licensed premises. It is lawful for a minor to be on licensed premises in a room in which is located a bar over which alcoholic beverages are sold or dispensed by the drink if all the following conditions are met:
(1) The minor is eighteen (18) years of age or older.
(2) The minor is in the company of a parent, guardian, or family member who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
(3) The purpose for being on the licensed premises is the consumption of food and not the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
(Formerly: Acts 1973, P.L.55, SEC.1; Acts 1975, P.L.74, SEC.2.) As amended by P.L.100-1983, SEC.7; P.L.15-1994, SEC.10; P.L.105-1995, SEC.6; P.L.71-1996, SEC.5; P.L.72-1996, SEC.22; P.L.117-2000, SEC.1; P.L.72-2004, SEC.16; P.L.224-2005, SEC.33; P.L.2-2007, SEC.133; P.L.10-2010, SEC.10.