Sad to say yet another accidental fire causes the death of 2 young children and leaves another badly burned.
According to the tv news, and blade article,( Blade article http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090122/NEWS16/901220225 )one unattended cigarette started the fire. Also, there was a working smoke detector that went off, but was usually ignored because it went off while cooking. The worst news is that 3 adults in a house got out but 2 children were left to die on the second floor.
I would be too ashamed to show my face and/or live another minute of my life if I survived a fire while one of my children were left behind.
Last year it was unattended candles that caught fire and destroyed a family, this year a cigarette. In both cases, the adults got out and children were left behind. Apparently the cold weather slows the common sense part of the brain.
Very sad.created by hockeyfan on Jan 23, 2009 at 12:27:44 am
© 2003-2012 Toledo Talk
Creative Commons License - Some Rights Reserved
current date: 22-May-2013 10:10 P.M.