Article source for : 11 yr old Toledo boy badly burned
This story is terribly sad. So far, I've only seen it mentioned on Channel 13.
Here's the gist: An 11 year old boy attended a sleepover at a friend's house last Saturday night. The boy was the first one to fall asleep. A 16 year old who was also in the home microwaved a bowl of water and threw it on the boy as a "sleepover game."
_(When I was a kid, I recall the first person to fall asleep at a sleepover getting their hand dipped in warm water...not getting scalding hot water thrown on them!)_
The 11 year old boy has 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his arms, thighs, abdomen, and genitals. The initial news story stated that he may not ever be able to have children as a result of the burns.
He will be in the burn unit at least another week, and likely has several future surgeries ahead of him.
The mother has a job and medical insurance. However, she is taking unpaid leave to be at the hospital with her son.
Oh...the 16 year old is on house arrest, and is being charged with felonious assault.